Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-13-2022, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to massacre Sol A with my pet and truck bags of fine steel weapons and that ore that sells to vendors well to the druid NPC outside. I think it was about 500pp/hour-ish

Problem is there’s often lowbies trying to exp in there and I refuse to be a dick and keep killing everything even if I was there first since I get no exp

For lev 54 I was killing these specters outside the EJ zoneline and was surprised to see they sometimes would drop a piece of jewlery that would vendor for like 100+ pp, like star ruby something. Unfortunately it was pretty rare so they weren’t great pp/hour

If you could find mobs that dropped that jewelry on the regular that would be good money tho. I personally would rather grind stuff than sit and stare at a wall for hours camping something. At least with grinding you are actually still playing the game. But yea it’s def less money overall
Yeah I used to farm Sol A with my monk for awhile. It seems like most the groups happen in the Bar or Throne Room areas, so I farmed at the opposite side.

The Felwithe guards reliably drop Two Handed Swords which vendor for 20pp a piece, but I can only kill 8 every 24 minutes. So it's realistically, like 400ish per hour +/-.

But it's consistent. I'm only level 57. I could camp named mobs for an hour and then they drop an item that MIGHT sell for 100p in the Tunnel.

Maybe I'll try Droga.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Roll an enchanter. Best money making class and hardly needs any gear
Old 10-15-2022, 04:49 AM
Fire Giant

Wizard: Join <Dial a Port>? xD
Old 10-15-2022, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I used to farm Sol A with my monk for awhile. It seems like most the groups happen in the Bar or Throne Room areas, so I farmed at the opposite side.

The Felwithe guards reliably drop Two Handed Swords which vendor for 20pp a piece, but I can only kill 8 every 24 minutes. So it's realistically, like 400ish per hour +/-.

But it's consistent. I'm only level 57. I could camp named mobs for an hour and then they drop an item that MIGHT sell for 100p in the Tunnel.

Maybe I'll try Droga.
Faction chardok, camp name, charm mob at 10% break charm, fd and /q. Log back in and loot corpse. Rinse and repeat.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:22 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll an enchanter. Best money making class and hardly needs any gear
I believe you but...how?

(I am an enchanter newbie.)
Old 10-24-2022, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asharad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe you but...how?

High level enchanter can solo content that it usually takes very strong groups to handle.
It is not unreasonable to farm 40k/day if I bother to try at an enchanter only camp.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asharad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe you but...how?

I’m a tiny pixel away from 56 on enchanter with garbage gear:

2x opaline earring
2x 5/55 rings
Drake hide legs
Gatorscale sleeves
Incandescent gloves/mask
Crude stein
Rod of glamour
Loam belt/shoulders/back/boots
Amulet of insight
Blackened crystalline robes
Sarnak ceremonial dagger range

This entire set of gear you could probably get for less than 2k pp nowadays and it puts me at 250cha buffed. I had this set of gear when I was level 15 because I did the bandit sash quest in queynos a ton and bought it from EC

Your mana pool is largely irrelevant. All that matters is your mana regeneration. Once you can have clarity, theft of thought, AND wandering mind on your bar (which I recommend) and choose to fight somewhere that has caster mobs, you can go forever without needing breaks unless a lot of shit goes wrong. You just theft of thought + wandering mind drain casters every chance you get. You don’t even have to kill them, can just mez them after you drain their mana to blur them

You would think your health and ac matters but it really depends on where/how you fight. If you play it safe like I do and mostly fight outside, you can space out the mobs to the point where even if charm breaks 3 times in a row, the mob can’t close the distance to you before you can mez and re-charm it. So I am literally never getting hit, and on the rare occasions I do, I have 2 runes up. So the fact I only have 1200 hp, about 800 less than most enchanters my level, is also irrelevant

Now if you want to go for high level mobs at the bottom of dangerous dungeons, then yea your health and total mana will matter mostly only for charm breaks, which can kill you

But it was realizing that I could go all the way to 60 in my scrub gear that kept me playing, otherwise if I had to group or raid for better gear I would have quit p99
Old 10-24-2022, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So the fact I only have 1200 hp, about 800 less than most enchanters my level,

Very few enchanters have 2k hp self buffed at 60
Im at 1905, or 1922 if I swap out a bracelet and my gear is a lot more focused on HP than many enchanters are able to do
The advantage to a large health pool is keeping out of low hp agro range, with the added benefit of being able to bind wound to higher hp,being able to bind to 950hp is very nice,makes recovery from bad situations much faster.
I die more to critical pacify fails than charm breaks.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:00 PM
Kobold

If you don't have any ingame friends or aren't good at Enchanter or Shaman, your best bet for big cash is converting DKP to raid drops to sell, pick an EZ low stress class, log in for easy kills that don't take very long, sell the loots, enjoy.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I got to 60 in a basically identical setup. I was doing COM until around your level and then went to HS basement and some north.