Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-26-2022, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

sorry you don't got gina
Old 10-27-2022, 04:24 PM
Kobold

I'm disappointed, I thought this would be about increasing the length/time of the spawn window, there isn't nearly enough suffering at the moment, lets double the spawn window so people can really suffer, it's the P99 way!
Old 10-27-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm disappointed, I thought this would be about increasing the length/time of the spawn window, there isn't nearly enough suffering at the moment, lets double the spawn window so people can really suffer, it's the P99 way!
Triple every window, make raid mobs +- 24 hours, make folks make worse life choices for pixels, Brad would be proud.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Triple every window, make raid mobs +- 24 hours, make folks make worse life choices for pixels, Brad would be proud.
Blue server boards are so stale the quoted post has been its leader board for literally two weeks.

Consider red 2.0 folks.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue server boards are so stale the quoted post has been its leader board for literally two weeks.

Consider red 2.0 folks.
There will never be a red 2.0

Theres already a red 1.0 and no one plays it
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).
obviously, the players do not all agree.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

This should be 30 seconds like everything else. The only reason its 10 seconds is because of a few bad actors.
Old 10-29-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
obviously, the players do not all agree.
Obviously. But they didn't all agree on the idea of a roll at first either. Similarly to now, there were lots of people that were like "a roll is the obvious better way to do this", and then there were a few "roll = wellfare pixels, keep it a clickfest".

It took time and effort, talking to people every day, listening to their concerns and explaining why a roll would be better for everyone. Slowly we converted people until there were just one or two hold-outs left, and then the peer pressure from everyone forced even those hold-outs to change.

I'm not saying it's easy, but if we got the roll started in the first place, and a longer delay would be better for everyone, then it's absolutely possible to switch ... it just takes time and effort.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

I don't see any harm from allowing a longer roll time. 30 seconds sounds fine.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Nah it’s fine way it is