Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see all the complainers in this thread back in 2009 or whatever when P99 came out. There was shit tons of bugs here with everything from pathing to loot tables and beyond, and P99 devs responding to the playerbase certainly wasn't as quick as it is on The Sleeper.
I was there? First level 50 chanter? First Level 50 with a level 50 alt? I had fun when P99 was released and it seemed balanced and you could tell there was a lot of research and fine tuning. There were bugs, but it was done reasonably well. I cannot say the same about the sleeper, and the differences will be blatantly obvious to anyone with any kind of dev experience.
Last edited by Allizia; 04-13-2013 at 07:14 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 is still removing out of era NPCs and its been out for 3+ years. going to have to call bs on the time you think it would take to do all that.
I specifically mentioned that I was not counting the fine tuning. The research, testing and minor obscure details is what takes 95% of the time.

What I did say is that I could create content comparable to The Sleepers current content very quickly. It is not tuned or balanced well, and is pretty much a half-ass copy of the PEQ stock DB with some obvious stuff trimmed out.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I specifically mentioned that I was not counting the fine tuning. The research, testing and minor obscure details is what takes 95% of the time.

What I did say is that I could create content comparable to The Sleepers current content very quickly. It is not tuned or balanced well, and is pretty much a half-ass copy of the PEQ stock DB with some obvious stuff trimmed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 04-14-2013, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

k. then let's see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see all the complainers in this thread back in 2009 or whatever when P99 came out. There was shit tons of bugs here with everything from pathing to loot tables and beyond, and P99 devs responding to the playerbase certainly wasn't as quick as it is on The Sleeper.
that^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

I don't even.. Nevermind. Will see how it's going a few weeks from now.

How was the non-hotzone Lesser fay exp goin for ya? It's awesome being funneling into specific camps to progress.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

who knows maybe eqpic emu has the real classic xp, honestly i leveled so fast on blue i could have sworn there was a xp bonus. shit didnt feel classic but then again eq is pretty damn easy leveling-wise no a days so maybe its just knowledge.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

The problem with hotzones is that until everyone can bind themselves or until there's enough binders to pick one up casually, everyone is streaming into the hotzone that's local to them and there's not much left for people to kill.

Really on the fence about the server, still taking a look but I fear for its future when Velious is launched here...there is talk of cats on the moon though.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Have to wonder what in the fucking hell they spent the two years this server was in development on. It certainly wasn't common bug fixing or content testing, there's something wrong with literally every single thing you look at. I hope it means the endgame content is absolutely perfect, otherwise it's quite the joke. It's been in development since 2011, but so far it looks like a two-week project. Just absolutely riddled with bugs, non-classic shit, and all in all rock-bottom quality at least in the 1-20 content.

Quote:
P99 was so much better at launch that it can barely be compared. It had its bugs, but nothing like this. We're talking basic aggro mechanics being way off, zones missing half their mob spawns, evidence of zones not even having been looked at once (GoD models in some places etc.) and other shit that should have been weeded out in three days of testing. Bugs that we reported in the beta and were told were "fixed on the test server" are now on the live server, proving that they've literally been lying to the beta testers all along. Starting to see why there were never any changelogs or other forms of communication between devs and players.

Quote:
they've most likely been concentrating on the ac shit
Their "AC tests" consist literally of like four brief tests done with a level 11 warrior. It's laughable to draw a conclusion from something like that. When asked why they'd only tested it with a level 11 warrior, no answer was given. That whole test looks to have taken approximately ten minutes. That's the kind of quality The Sleeper offers.
Last edited by Noselacri; 04-14-2013 at 11:02 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Kegz is fixing bugs as they're reported, putting in the hours... but yeah, you have to wonder how shit the beta really was in terms of people's feedback and/or fixes coming from that.

Signed into the beta a couple of days before it launched and thought I'd run the bard mail quest from Felwithe to Kelethin and kill a few things to test the XP rate. 4 blues (16%) for a hand-in at level 1. Killing wasps/bats/etc... seemed slow.

Live then launched. I ran the mail quest from Kaladim and Felwithe to Kelethin on a dwarf rogue... ~0.5% XP for each hand-in.

The question is, why did Kegz nerf the XP to a crawl when live launched? I know it has since been adjusted but not by much, and people can't take advantage of hotzones properly because they're overfarmed and it's a struggle to get to 12 or 14 to be able to bind. I have to say I don't remember Velious being THAT slow for XP.

Problem is, if he lets loose and gives the server an XP rate that's more rewarding - he'll risk pissing off the hardcore crowd who have battled their way to 18-20. Quite the hole he's dug in a way.

Global OOC is funny however, people calling "server first" on just about everything from levels to starting their epics. You ask the population if they can name all the server firsts (who got L5, L10, L15 etc first) and nobody knows... or cares [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
How was the non-hotzone Lesser fay exp goin for ya? It's awesome being funneling into specific camps to progress.
noone got funneled there, we went to go farm sisters for cash and nameds for loot. we knew it wasn't a hotzone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread