Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

It's not much of a wonder people disbelieve the government. Every day they had a different story as to recommended social distancing, effectiveness of masks, effectiveness of the various vaccines, virus transmission methods, reopening timelines, etc. The truth isn't some grand conspiracy, but that they didn't know much and were making things up in an attempt to avoid panic. Now they are reaping what they sowed.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. There are ~75K medical professionals with doctorate degrees and/or MDs in the US and Western Europe alone in specialties specific to this case. Virology, epidemiology, etc. They've all been bought and paid for. All of them. And that doesn't count all the hospital workers, nurses, and other professionals with certificates in pulmonology or respiratory therapy, or the related fields, as well as all the academics in the institutions that teach them.
Of course not. It's much simpler than that: all you have to do is control the research funding. The researchers want to get more grants, so they give you the numbers you want. At that point whatever you want becomes 'science' which is then taught to every doctor going through medical school. There is no pandemic, Hobart, just a bunch of greedy corporations and stooges like Fauci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't trust vaccine researchers, scientists, or epidemiologists but trust some youtube video or blog that is telling you to not trust the media/experts? Anything else i’m missing? Any credible sources you have at all or nah?
I am literally quoting the CDC . . . is what I want to say, but for some amazing reason you cannot find COVID death rates on their webpage any more! You can find all sorts of terrifying numbers, though. In any event, the US claims about 600,000 COVID casualties vs a population of 328 million. That's about .2%. Again, there is no pandemic. Free your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can’t reason with someone who already believes something unreasonable. They have to come to a rational conclusion on their own; it has to be an epiphany of their own. Any evidence you present that goes against what they think is invalid while anything that seems to “confirm” their beliefs is gospel. It’s a combination of the confirmation bias and a lack of understanding that correlation does not equal causation (which is like the first thing they teach you in any basic statistics/research methods class).
Agreed. But we have to try periodically to help them! Anyway, all I can say is keep calm and carry on pals! See you in a few months.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Six hundred thousand people are dead and Republicans still claim every single country on the planet worked together to fake a pandemic just to get Trump out of office.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you for researching this Raev. I've been an idiot trusting scientists that have studied this their whole lives. You and my new friends on Youtube showed me how to really do my own research and now I know the truth. It only took 4 hours of deep diving videos by trusted sources to know more than 100 years of "research"

I'm no longer a sheep.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed. But we have to try periodically to help them! Anyway, all I can say is keep calm and carry on pals! See you in a few months.

I don't agree with your position. Good luck out there.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 08-09-2021, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Six hundred thousand people are dead
the same number of people died in 2020 as in 2019

hmmm
Old 08-09-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Recently I've been doing some painting around my home.

While mudding and sanding the walls I tried one of those face masks and the results spoke for themself.

I had dust in my nose and it came in on the cheeks into my mouth.
Those masks don't do shit.

And sanding dust particles are much larger than virus size.
I'm just being honest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently I've been doing some painting around my home.

While mudding and sanding the walls I tried one of those face masks and the results spoke for themself.

I had dust in my nose and it came in on the cheeks into my mouth.
Those masks don't do shit.

And sanding dust particles are much larger than virus size.
I'm just being honest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The masks are more to prevent you spitting dust at others than stopping you inhaling dust. A treble cloth (!) surgical mask is better than nought, but for house work a proper dust mask is the proper tool for the job.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Banned

Nobody has yet answered why we treat covid differently than the flu. Not a single answer. Again I could completely respect somebody who says "you're right, we SHOULD treat the flu in a similar fashion". I mean, the flu is actually *more* lethal to kids than covid. Yet we do nothing. We shrug and go "oh boy there's a flu out there be careful" and move on with our lives. Nobody will answer this question and it's extremely telling that you have no answer.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The masks are more to prevent you spitting dust at others than stopping you inhaling dust. A treble cloth (!) surgical mask is better than nought, but for house work a proper dust mask is the proper tool for the job.
Thank you for agreeing with me.

I have harped on masks not protecting you, They protect other people.

But here is the thing. If it can't even keep dust out, how will it keep dust in?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread