Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root rotting does indeed suck...if you are rotting 1 at a time. Try 4-8 at a time, the exp is much better. This is only really possible with epic and click arms/bracer, and is much easier at 56 due to better root. The upside is you are killing mobs with very little mana spent, the downside is it takes awhile to kill them. It is much faster than quadding and you can do it in dungeons. The downside is the expensive requirement level this way.

Is it faster than bear pits? Probably not, but it's safer and less boring than being stuck in permafrost.
I did WL giants with my Druid at 60 "multi-root/rotting" ... mainly because my main is a Shaman and I sometimes forget my Druid isn't a Shaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (Loramin used to do like seven Seafury Cyclops at a time that way.)

I was doing it for faction of course, but the XP was actually noticeable. Not better than charming/quadding (I'd guess), but surprisingly a lot better than I would have expected.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkverdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I'll always prefer grouping in some dungeon over soloing. As a druid, I know that sounds unusual, but it's why we play an MMO instead of single player.
Yes! I'm 100% in the same boat. I've had lots of fun in groups, and it seems to be the fastest way (for me) to get XP. Now, maybe I'm just really bad at soloing (I'm willing to accept this may be the case lol) but at the end of the day this is a social game and if I'm having fun that's the most important part [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkverdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That said, if I am soloing, I'm always quadding. Root/rotting is pretty well reserved for named or specific camps. I don't care for charming really at all. I find it pretty stressful for something to break charm in the middle of a kill or something to that effect.
We're opposites when it comes to soloing lol. I find quadding to be stressful (but again, I'm probably just bad at it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but if I screw up I've got four mobs who want to kill me! If I screw up on charming I should only have two mobs who are mad at me. But one of them (the non-pet) should be rooted, so this mitigates that somewhat.

Either way though, grouping is where it's at. As long as a group will have me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 08-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root rotting does indeed suck...if you are rotting 1 at a time. Try 4-8 at a time, the exp is much better. This is only really possible with epic and click arms/bracer, and is much easier at 56 due to better root. The upside is you are killing mobs with very little mana spent, the downside is it takes awhile to kill them. It is much faster than quadding and you can do it in dungeons. The downside is the expensive requirement level this way.

Is it faster than bear pits? Probably not, but it's safer and less boring than being stuck in permafrost.
*gasp* I like the way you think! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] What do you mean about the expensive downside? The cost of the gear?

Old 08-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee12874 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*gasp* I like the way you think! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] What do you mean about the expensive downside? The cost of the gear?
To do this efficiently, you need your epic for the mana free dot/snare, as well as either a velious leather bracer (from Thurg, Kael, or Skyshrine), or an elder spiritualist vambrace, for the other free dot. Epic is not cheap or easy for everyone, and only the vambrace is cheap. It *really* helps to have a velious or elder spiritualist breastplate for the regen also, but again these are not cheap.

The goal is to root rot down 4-8 (or more if you can handle the stress) blue mobs using as little mana as possible (hopefully only root and snare during initial pull). After the last one dies, you are ready for the next pull. The free regen keeps you alive during the pulls/root breaks.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
To do this efficiently, you need your epic for the mana free dot/snare, as well as either a velious leather bracer (from Thurg, Kael, or Skyshrine), or an elder spiritualist vambrace, for the other free dot. Epic is not cheap or easy for everyone, and only the vambrace is cheap. It *really* helps to have a velious or elder spiritualist breastplate for the regen also, but again these are not cheap.

The goal is to root rot down 4-8 (or more if you can handle the stress) blue mobs using as little mana as possible (hopefully only root and snare during initial pull). After the last one dies, you are ready for the next pull. The free regen keeps you alive during the pulls/root breaks.
Awesome, I do have my Epic as well as the SS breastplate & SS bracer. I'm going to give this a try, just need to figure out a good spot to do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-17-2019, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by circlerogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo you should never really root/rot past level ~40. My progression was:

5-13: Root rotting Crushbone
14-19: Root rotting Sisters
19-24: Root rotting Upper Guk
24-30: Charming Everfrost mammoths
30-38: Root rotting Ancient Croc
38-41: I can't remember...
41-49: Quadding BB Dwarven citizens
50-51: Quadding Bloodgills
52: Quadding Spirocs and Wyverns
53-55: Quadding Raptors
56-60: Charming Bear pits
I think it's best to fight melee until the mid/high 20's. Damage shield is strong (can also utilize treeform outdoors for more health regen). Start charming once mobs start hitting too hard and stick with that for pure leveling purposes, unless quadding works with your schedule better (being able to take breaks). I would only root rot for trying to solo a cash/item camp where charm isn't an option.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bloodmaw

At low lvls you can charm this guy, throw a damage shield on him and take a short trip to the tizmak caves.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Actually once tizmaks go green, you can charm the coldain warwolf and shred giants or the Kodiaks lol.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Orc

Anyone have suggestion for 35 Druid either quad or charm? I've been doing IC cougars but they don't seem like great exp and practically no money gained from killing them.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

I think I did 35 at http://wiki.project1999.com/Cazic_Thule_Alligator_Alley, and I think I stuck with it until 39 or so when I did the area near IC bridge in Eastern Wastes.

You could always check the Per-Level guide (link in signature) for more ideas.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread