Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Class experience penalties don't bother me. I know what I'm getting when I click the thing at creation.

That's not to say I don't think class penalties are also largely pointless. Of course they are. Interestingly these penalties do NOT appear to meaningfully limit the population of the hybrid classes for the most part. Look at "Blue." Even after the removal of class experience modifiers, the population of hybrid classes remained low. The real factor limiting those classes' popularity is, I suspect, their perceived lack of end-game power.

Danth
There was definitely a brief influx of Hybrid ALTS when the penalties were lifted on Blue
Old 11-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Druids aren't particularly powerful but the toolbox is fun to play with I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just haven't fully invested in a melee character and want to decide on one that will feel like a powerful badass. I guess its only monks who feel that way
Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was definitely a brief influx of Hybrid ALTS when the penalties were lifted on Blue
I'll probably go with a Paladin when they lift the penalty on Green. My first serious character back in the POP days, when I started.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids aren't particularly powerful but the toolbox is fun to play with I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just haven't fully invested in a melee character and want to decide on one that will feel like a powerful badass. I guess its only monks who feel that way
An SK is what you want. Lifetaps, fears, snares, feign death, and tank/solo powers.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graventhel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An SK is what you want. Lifetaps, fears, snares, feign death, and tank/solo powers.

Why go SK when you can go Ranger. Better soloing than Druid, wanted in groups more than an SK, Top end game class. /s

lol
Old 11-22-2019, 03:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why go SK when you can go Ranger. Better soloing than Druid, wanted in groups more than an SK, Top end game class. /s

lol
Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll probably go with a Paladin when they lift the penalty on Green. My first serious character back in the POP days, when I started.
It's not lifted for 2+ years. Just jump in now my son
Old 11-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudopudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a link to the log file parser you used, assuming that's how you got those stats?
Yes, the awkwardly named Gamparse is here
https://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php
Old 11-22-2019, 01:02 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, the awkwardly named Gamparse is here
https://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php
Sweet, thanks.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Orc

I just use Notepad++ for this. Find whatever you are looking for, then mark all of those instances with a bookmark
Closed Thread