Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default Enchanter pet AI is completely fubar

Pet(animation) seems to randomly hit anything next to it. It's supposed to have a hate list just like a regular mob dpes and that is supposed to be the primary way it chooses who to attack, additionally and somewhat related: enchanter memblur (not mez but the pure memory wipe type spells) are supposed to work on them and currently they do not.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:16 PM
Developer

If you want this looked into within a reasonable time, you’re going to need more than a statement.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Please read before posting!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Apparently the proof for the memory wiping animations has been around a long time.

https://xornn.tripod.com/Spells/spell.htm

This list was made pre- kunark... and it has some interesting other things in it too, like improved invisibility and more importantly wandering mind, spells that according to p99 currently don't exit until velious. Maybe it deserves its own thread.

In any case its specifically mentioned in several of the memory blurs that you can blur the animation.... you could also blur other peoples pets and other players, too. could target anything. You could even cast it on the boat. LOL. anyway, just one of multiple mentions:

"AoE blurs are just a regular blur, and more. They blur everything around the target in a large radius, including your animation if it's fighting (more on that in Kamikaze Tactics), and for some reason seem to land better than single-blurs (not heavily researched, just an opinion really). "

As a side note he also mentions the encumberance of mobs, which was also a thing. i remembr i would load charms up with finesteel to sell lateer and they would waddle around more slowly after awhile.
Last edited by DMN; 03-05-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Old 03-05-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like memblur was not considered an aggressive spell, at least at the point those posts were made, and perhaps works like harmony in terms of aggro and who it can hit (remember druids buffing everyone in a group with harmony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Old 03-05-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Once you gain the AoE Blur, you can blur the mob and call your pet off (he forgets he's mad at it) all at the same time.
Interesting