Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Default Zlizeq suddenly not loading

Seems to start to load then nothing happens. Far as I can tell, nothing changed in my system. Just one day, about a month ago, zliz did not execute. Any insight appreciated.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:41 PM
Aviak

Had to scroll way down in zliz' website and delete and reload and it worked. Pssh. Ask cuz ya thought ya tried everything and suddenly you'll get it fixed yourself. Every. Time.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Maps? No.

-Mcoy
Old 09-14-2020, 03:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Would you mind elaborating on how you fixed the problem? i'm having the same problem where double clicking the app makes it looks like its about to load and then nothing happens. I'm not sure exactly what you did to fix that. I have deleted the files used the "Download the latest version" button a few times and those apps aren't working either. Any help appreciated
Old 09-22-2021, 12:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Is ZlizEQ allowed? A friend was telling me about it. Would sure help my wife a bunch; she's not very good at directions and i have to cross the living room every time I ask her to meet me some place.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

P99 Wiki maps
/loc
Sense heading

Should be all you need.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is ZlizEQ allowed? A friend was telling me about it. Would sure help my wife a bunch; she's not very good at directions and i have to cross the living room every time I ask her to meet me some place.
It's allowed. All it's doing is reading logs which doesn't violate any of the rules.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I can not say for certain, but if the program starts to launch and then quits, it could possibly be that you have a zone data file that does not have a matching zone map file. Check the directory zonedata and zonemaps where the zliz installs to and make sure for every data file there is a corresponding map file.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

For anyone wondering, this is the step I took to fix my problem (same one OP was having). I would try to launch it like normal and it would bring up the window that comes up the first time you launch it. I would enter the settings and click ok and nothing would happen. The next time I tried to launch it it would again give me the window that comes up the first time you launch.

Quote:
Q: The program crashes upon startup or just suddenly while playing.
A: First, try to delete the program's settings file. Open Explorer or Start->Run and type "%appdata%" (without quotes). In the directory that opens, locate the directory "ZlizEQMap", and delete the file "ZlizEQMap.ini" found inside. Now try to start the program again and enter the basic settings from scratch.
If you still have problems, send me a screenshot including steps to reproduce the error. See the Contact section below for email.
My ZlizEQMap.ini was in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming
where USER is your profile.

http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap