Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 02:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Beware, this can happen to you to!!!

Hey all,

Just wanted to share with everyone what happened to my wife and I tonight. My wife (53 Cleric) was PL'ing me (30 Ranger) in Warsliks Woods. I can see how this might look like boxing as my wife likes to play a tablet (Candycrush god help us!) and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs. So I'm sure the appearances are what got us summoned to Estate to run the infamous fountain figure-eight test which we have run twice before (several months ago), with two different GMs, and passed. This time my wife was super nervous and we didn't get off to a good start. Plus because I state this would be our third time running this test, GM Menden did not provide us instructions. The previous time was several months ago, so we weren't completely clear on the directions he wanted us to run. Anyway, long story short, after running a not so perfect test, but definitely ran what IMO would be impossible for one person to do, my wife who, as I said was super nervous fell in the fountains and was having trouble getting out, so I stopped my pattern and went over to her keyboard to help her out. Within seconds we were banned no chance to explain nothing. I share all of this not to plead my case to any Project 1999 staff but to convey that this can happen to any of you couples who play out there and I'm sure it has happened. No recourse, no questioning, no further testing (the last two times we were given 2 and 3 different tests) which we passed. Menden made a unilateral decision based on a totally incorrect opinion and because of that the days of devotion to our characters (Silbo 51 Druid, Martenii 50 Chanter, Khardan 30 Ranger, and Uilani 53 Cleric) will be gone forever. The realization is quite earth shattering actually - Totally gone. So for you couples out there beware and make sure to head to Estate every so often to practice running figure eights around the fountains so when you get tagged you don't freak out like my wife did. Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon.

I made the mistake of posting this to RNF last night. Boy that was fun reading lol.

Silbo
Old 12-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Kobold

You know you admitted to 2 boxing by saying you went over to her comp to get her out of the pond.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Not get the response you desired from the first post?
Old 12-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Aviak

My brother and I have played here since 2009 and we have not once been box tested. If you were checked 3 times, you were boxing.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Banned

Didn't read. Pras staff for keeping the server box free.

God bless p99 and legit players.

Op sorry you got caught. Lesson learned?
Old 12-06-2020, 04:55 PM
Orc

Seen too many "wife & husband" boxing teams. "Oh my wife is just logging in to rezz me", yeah sure mate, sure she is.

Best was someone's "grandmother" playing a cleric outside the group to heal the mana-stoning wizard.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Pras staff for getting this scum outta here! Also if you're going to cheat, atleast put your characters on different accounts.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:23 PM
Banned

This is a great troll. You got busted boxing, time to reroll and level like the rest of us. One at a time!

1) -if you passed twice before you wouldn’t fail a 3rd time if you had two people controlling
2) -if you’ve done this twice before why would you be nervous about running simple route in unrest.
3) -someone who has multiple toons and one above level 50 can get out of the baby pools in unrest lol.

Nice try though. If you really do have a wife and you just got both your toons nuked - I feel bad I bet she is PISSED.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Orc

Hey Silbo, I grouped with you in Paw back in April (your name sounded familiar, I checked my logs). I enjoyed grouping with you and you seemed like a nice person. You even accidentally ported our group out mid-battle when your wife came home from work and you got distracted talking to her. :P Sorry this happened to you and sorry you're getting beat up on the forums. I'm inclined to believe your story just based on having played with you, but I suppose that makes me biased and I didn't see what the GMs saw - a 50+ getting stuck in a fountain does unfortunately sound suspicious. :\ Good luck if you start again.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Banned

rip OP

wrong place wrong time
Closed Thread