Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also played a fuckton of the WC3 customs back in high school... tower defense, rival nations, Risk, Helm's Deep, so much fun shit.
footmen frenzy too.

WC3 was the last time the future of gaming looked rly bright and collaborative. picking through all those many, many custom games was right up there with HL modding for me; integrating all the ability to pull those excellent games off in the map maker with WC3 assets was to me the pinnacle of closed system gaming. I still install wc3 and play TDs now and then. I have a hard time understanding why all that went away. I think the noses in the accounting department look at exponentially rising gaming revenues and presume they are doing it brilliantly, when it's really just the base expanding. I hope ppl don't forget the glorious past if we ever get a gaming crunch again and these losers have to actually compete for dollars 1nce again instead of recapitulating by rote.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 03-04-2021 at 03:52 AM..
Old 03-04-2021, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah. Games are mostly cookie cutters by genre now.

The reason original games reached their full potential was because they were simulations that had to abstract to overcome limitations.

Full on hyperreal simulations, and fully abstract dopa stimulators. Well.

I would rather just go walk down to the farmers market and back then make myself a nice vegan soup in a futuristic cityscape without cars or pollution full of diverse life.

Games that push dopa to hard lose their appeal quickly because people just become satiated. Not jonesen for that next hit. After an hours punishment.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-04-2021 at 09:54 AM..
Old 03-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Banned

Old 03-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Almost as good as League of Legends
Old 03-04-2021, 10:22 AM
Banned

league of flame agates
Old 03-04-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I was more of a tower defense guy. There was also a really cool everquest RPG map.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

yea I played original WC3 dota and now I play a lot of dota 2... pretty much the only thing I play
Old 03-04-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

God damn basshunter

I miss vent p99 raiding should require intalling it.

I remember watching that video being like, wtf girls just hanging out while they game? thats so fake.

Now that video basically is everyone cool or a millionaire on the internet, wow.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was more of a tower defense guy. There was also a really cool everquest RPG map.
I just had a flash in my minds eye of a project I wish would happen.

Remake Dune II, but with everquest lore.

Like, if someone could master the Dune II art style, then redraw everquest characters, and make a Dune II quality RTS that takes place in areas like EC, GUK, etc.

Oh dear god.

I think this project needs to begin soon.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the Warcraft 3 tower defenses were great. I especially loved the line tower ones, where you summoned creeps on your opponent as you built your defense.

But I did like DotA too, and also EotA, which was sort of like a wackier/crazier DotA.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread