Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe someone posted a link about how AC works and the usable amount of AC on casters is much lower than a warrior. It was something like... up to 400 ac on warriors is true AC, anything past that is half ac.. so if you had 600 AC, you actually only had 500... but something like casters only had 100 or 150 usable..

I'm sure I am wrong on the numbers, but not necessarily how it works. Though, it can't be confirmed that's how it works here.

So, your druid is going to suck at tanking no matter how much AC he has.

And, no, the AC revamp has not gone in yet.
this

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

It's armor type: Cloth, Leather, Chain, Plate. In that order of protection level. At the low end the worn AC soft cap on live is < 100 and the plate ac softcap is > 250.

No, those numbers aren't exact cause I ain't real sure what haynar plugged in, I just know the rough estimates of the classic values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to point out... you should have Mana/Wis/HP gear on.... Not ac gear.

You spent your 30k wrong. But can I halfs ur gear pls?
Hehe I don't think I spent it wrong. Have mostly best in slot peices, and then adamantite bands for HP. One of the side effects of having very strong gear is that it usually comes with a little more AC than one would normally have. So, to the point, I didn't spend 30k stacking AC. The AC came naturally with the gear.

Was just confused why it didn't seem to be making any difference, but I understand now.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's armor type: Cloth, Leather, Chain, Plate. In that order of protection level. At the low end the worn AC soft cap on live is < 100 and the plate ac softcap is > 250.

No, those numbers aren't exact cause I ain't real sure what haynar plugged in, I just know the rough estimates of the classic values.
Thanks Aeolwind, really appreciate the information!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

We've found a lot of good information on the combat stuff, so you can probably expect further changes to both you benefit and detriment in the future. =) I <3 detriment.

Quote:
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
benefit
Woohoo!

Quote:
and detriment
/cry
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajin898 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehe I don't think I spent it wrong. Have mostly best in slot peices, and then adamantite bands for HP. One of the side effects of having very strong gear is that it usually comes with a little more AC than one would normally have. So, to the point, I didn't spend 30k stacking AC. The AC came naturally with the gear.

Was just confused why it didn't seem to be making any difference, but I understand now.
Cool, I would still recommend high mana pool.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

and that you give me 15k for that advice
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I <3 detriment.
You DID work for Sony.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You DID work for Sony.
Sony catered, Verant drove home their point with the cruel spear of a true DM/GM.

When I DM a PNP game, I make it my number one priority to make someone scream 'F(&* YOU!!" at least once.

"Sure, you can draw from the Deck of Many Things. How many cards?"
"Sure, the constabulary around here should be no match for you."
"Sure, you can try to jump across that chasm."
"Sure, you have a chance to beat that dragon."
"Please, would I put you up against something you couldn't handle?"
"Oh, that stinks. How many HP did you have left again?"
"Oh wow, I hope you make the save."
"Naa, you don't think there is anything of value in here."
"You don't think the King will be upset about you sleeping with his virgin daughter that is betrothed to the blahblah kingdom that they've been at war with for 200 years."

Only 1 time in my DM'ing career have I regretted someone drawing from a deck. It has 22 cards, 11 good, 11 really freakin bad. He called 11 cards. To not let my poor poker face give me away I shuffled the deck without looking and laid them out in front of him side by side. He fliped over 11 cards, all of them red/good. I almost had a stroke.

Quote:
Last edited by Aeolwind; 06-29-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Closed Thread