Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Arrow worst class in classic

currious to know what u guys think is the worst class in classic.

many people i have seen claim rogue is, some ranger, some even say warrior (?)

i personelly like rogues, but im also maybe retarded so
Old 02-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Worst should be the one you the least fun with. Some people will exclude you based on what they think is the worst, and that is just stupid
Old 02-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Druids
Old 02-16-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter, Shaman, Bard, Necro. Do yourself a favor and never play any of these wildly powerful classes.

PS druids and mages suck too.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard

Druid post like level 35
Old 02-16-2020, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

In Classic, you can say either the class itself, or I’d argue factoring in whatever exp penalty they bring to a group should also be considered.

With that in mind:

-Ranger tops the list. 40% exp penalty, low utility in a group beyond snare, lowest damage out of the pure DPS classes. People will argue “but a Ranger can tank if none of the other 3 are available! They have more sustained DPS than a Wizard!”

*Only in those situations where none of the 3 main tanks can be found. Wizards have amazing utility in raids, whereas Rangers can either be track bots or take death touches. In later expansions (PoP and beyond) Rangers get some amazing ranged DPS options with AA’s and can start really racking it up in parses, but sadly that’s outside the scope of P99.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

My ranger will probably be #1 DPS on Green Server across entire population during vanilla era... so don't go knocking rangers.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Castle2.0;3086402]My ranger will probably be #1 DPS on Green Server across entire population during vanilla era... so don't go knocking rangers.[/QUOTE

He said during Classic. From Hate/Fear/Sky. Warrior’s get one of the highest DPS weapons in all of Classic (Fear) - Monsoon.

I’m saying pound for pound all things being equal (equal planar gearing across classes), the Ranger has the lowest utility and medium-tier damage compared to pure DPS classes. Maybe you’ll have some insane luck, but we’re talking classes judged on their own against the others in Classic.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Warriors go from one of the worst to one of the best in kunark/velious so although they are terribad now their time will come i s’pose
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Classic, you can say either the class itself, or I’d argue factoring in whatever exp penalty they bring to a group should also be considered.

With that in mind:

-Ranger tops the list. 40% exp penalty, low utility in a group beyond snare, lowest damage out of the pure DPS classes. People will argue “but a Ranger can tank if none of the other 3 are available! They have more sustained DPS than a Wizard!”
Aside from snare, there's root, harmony for pulling, SOW if you need it and perhaps the best snap aggro in flame lick. There's a bunch other utility spells as well (invis, damage shields, buffs, cancel magic, etc.). There are lots of bad rangers that may give you the idea they just auto-attack and cast the occasional snare, however.

Honestly, the hybrids are all pretty good in classic-it's Kunark where they really suffer.

Warrior and rogue are both pretty bad in classic due to having few abilities and poor itemization. Monks are also weak, at least in comparison to later. Wizards of course are also a pretty meh grouping class, but have some decent utility.
Closed Thread