Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 08:17 PM
VIP / Contributor

paladin by far. Basically a worse cleric.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladin by far. Basically a worse cleric.
Not even close.

During raids I can:

- Snap agro the pull so warriors have time to proc.
- Tank mobs 80% of the time until they do proc
- Root and pick up adds
- Offheal a significant amount and save casters, etc.
- Double stun mobs and do damage with one of them.
- Stun charmed pets
- Do good damage with a hasted 2h
- Lay Hands
- Symbol people to take pressure off the clerics
- Heal the shaman, druids and clerics while they canni / manastone for buffs

If you think Paladins are bad by any means then you've never played one at a sufficient skill level.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Worst class is whichever one is played by DMN
Old 03-02-2020, 12:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even close.

During raids I can:

- Root and pick up adds
- Stun charmed pets
- Lay Hands

If you think Paladins are bad by any means then you've never played one at a sufficient skill level.
Cleric can do everything you've mentioned except Lay on Hands. Even tank. They do everything else tons better and aren't limited to undead like Paladins are.

The only downside is Cleric doesn't use the same formula for health. That's literally it.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-02-2020, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even close.

During raids I can:

- Root and pick up adds
- Stun charmed pets
- Lay Hands

A level 50 Paladin:
-Greater heal, the lvl 24 cleric spell that caps at 270 and Calm
-lvl 19 cleric lul
-the clerics lvl 34 ac-hp buff
-the lvl 19 cleric stun
- and ya that 2hs DPS with no slam for runners or casters is amazing.

Fucking Paladin players are the most delusional out of all the classes hands down. Class is complete trash at 50 in classic compared to other tank classes.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A level 50 Paladin:
-Greater heal, the lvl 24 cleric spell that caps at 270 and Calm
-lvl 19 cleric lul
-the clerics lvl 34 ac-hp buff
-the lvl 19 cleric stun
- and ya that 2hs DPS with no slam for runners or casters is amazing.

Fucking Paladin players are the most delusional out of all the classes hands down. Class is complete trash at 50 in classic compared to other tank classes.
Your comment is beyond stupid and all you're demonstrating is that you can't think logically and have zero end game experience.

One example is the fact that the level of the stun is irrelevant to its usefulness based on what it does.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric can do everything you've mentioned except Lay on Hands. Even tank. They do everything else tons better and aren't limited to undead like Paladins are.

The only downside is Cleric doesn't use the same formula for health. That's literally it.
Except clerics don't do any of those things in raids because they have to med and use mana for heals, buffs and rezzes. No cleric stands there chain stunning mobs and picking up adds.

All of the things I listed are significant and what makes paladins useful that I did during every raid personally.

I'm not saying pallies are better than clerics or vice versa. But to say pallies are the worst class, or even close, is a flat out lie. All of the paladins utility is a compliment to their tanking ability and damage.

And compared to a warrior; warriors get a slight bonus in HP and AC except none of the utility and even less damage from having to use 1h's with procs. Warriors would be better off letting a pally or SK tank and using a 2h for damage during trash. Because even if you gave them time for agro, thats even less efficient than just letting a hybrid snap it and DPS immediately.

And there's so much more to say, but you have to think for yourself instead of me trying to explain all of it. Even though i've provided plenty of reasons for why a well played paladin is highly effective.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Your comment is beyond stupid and all you're demonstrating is that you can't think logically and have zero end game experience.

One example is the fact that the level of the stun is irrelevant to its usefulness based on what it does.
Quote:
Except clerics don't do any of those things in raids because they have to med and use mana for heals, buffs and rezzes. No cleric stands there chain stunning mobs and picking up adds.

All of the things I listed are significant and what makes paladins useful that I did during every raid personally.

I'm not saying pallies are better than clerics or vice versa. But to say pallies are the worst class, or even close, is a flat out lie. All of the paladins utility is a compliment to their tanking ability and damage.

And compared to a warrior; warriors get a slight bonus in HP and AC except none of the utility and even less damage from having to use 1h's with procs. Warriors would be better off letting a pally or SK tank and using a 2h for damage during trash. Because even if you gave them time for agro, thats even less efficient than just letting a hybrid snap it and DPS immediately.

And there's so much more to say, but you have to think for yourself instead of me trying to explain all of it. Even though i've provided plenty of reasons for why a well played paladin is highly effective.
Warriors will and have always out damaged paladin-SK's. And your stun "fact" fails to mention the resist check modifier since your casting a lvl 34 spell at 50.

Like I said, paladin players are fucking delusional about the class.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:07 AM
Banned

Knight sword-and-board may out mitigate warrior in classic

Does green have shield AC?
Old 03-02-2020, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no brain and make baseless claims
Closed Thread