Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Default Announcing P99market.com

Sorry, not really selling anything, just wanted to announce this site I built (This forum forced me to choose the WTS prefix):

p99market.com

I was a big fan of the p99auctions site while it was still a thing and was very sad to see it go. Decided to spend some time learning a new front-end framework and built this site for fun. It probably won't be as well maintained as p99auctions was, but at least it's something.

Would love any feedback you guys have. Feel free to DM me or email me at admin@p99market.com. Also, if you find any bugs please let me know and I'll see what I can do about fixing them.

Thanks,
Chewboy
Old 05-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Kobold

How do you like Angular? What are you using on the back-end?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Kobold

very cool thanks!
Old 05-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Where is the data from? Just yourself?

I'm not sure how time consuming either of these suggestions are are, but my suggestions would be - If you aren't already doing it, consider excluding prices X percentage from the average price to prevent filthy ec resellers from easily manipulating it. Imo, that is the biggest problem with auction trackers. It's impossible to totally prevent, but you can stop people from auctioning a 5k item for 30k a few times just to raise the average price.

Also maybe consider adding the seller names/prices in plain text Wiki-style underneath the charts for quick glances without having to hover over each dot.

Either way, it looks good, nice work.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren't already doing it, consider excluding prices X percentage from the average price to prevent filthy ec resellers from easily manipulating it.
This is a really good foundation for an idea. My only thought is "what if the first pool of data is already a gouged price?" For example, the price on a pre-nerf CoS has been solidly 10-13k for years now. Meanwhile, during that time, gougers had been hording this item and, once they had each collected 20-30 of them, they then began spamming auctions and forum posts for 20-25k+. So, if this tool is going to begin collecting data now, it's going to start from that already gouged price and anyone trying to sell it for a reasonable price would be excluded.

Another issue - what happens after next patch when some items have their stats changed and the price should justifiably increase dramatically? For example, Narandi's Lance is going from 38/45 to 44/45 and the price will definitely be jumping up a lot. If the price tracker doesn't allow for large jumps in price, it won't reflect the value of the new and improved version.

In short, while I like your idea to help fight price gouging, I'm not sure this approach is practical for that purpose and actually may negatively impact its ability to showcase true item values after the next, albeit final, patch.

Another idea is to include WTB prices in the tracker. I've always found the most reliable method to figuring out an item value is to go through forum threads and compare WTS/WTB prices. Then find the midpoint and that's your value (sometimes this isn't reliable, as there are always exceptions in this insane economy). It's probably a good idea to list WTS/WTB prices in separate tables though, rather than averaging them because this could lead to people trying to spam low prices to bring the price down (same problem as price gougers).

Anyway, good on you for trying to do something for the community and I hope it continues to grow and becomes a stronger tool. I agree, the best difference a new tool could showcase would be a method to thwart price gougers.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In short, while I like your idea to help fight price gouging, I'm not sure this approach is practical for that purpose and actually may negatively impact its ability to showcase true item values after the next, albeit final, patch.
Fair point but items that will be impacted by the next patch/already stuff like CoS make up a pretty slim percentage of overall items being sold. Maybe certain items could be excluded if possible.

I agree listing WTB's is a good idea. One of the things I really liked about P99 Auctions was the "raw auction data" tab where you could see how people actually auctioned things, like if they had an auction that said "Selling this 10k item for 5k for the next 10 minutes." Not something that's really common but it was still handy and I always checked that tab when looking items up.

But like I said, I have no idea how much time this shit takes.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair point but items that will be impacted by the next patch/already stuff like CoS make up a pretty slim percentage of overall items being sold. Maybe certain items could be excluded if possible.
True, especially since the next patch is the final time that is going to change. The CoS, however had nothing changed about it. It simply stopped dropping, which raised the price from 2k to 10-13k. Then, due to hording/gouging, it randomly more than doubled in the gougers auctions.

On the subject of the CoS, this item showcases another weakness of the P99 wiki; the "Circlet of Shadows" is often confused with the "Circlet of Shadow," leading the wiki for the pre-nerf to include listing of 200-300pp for the post-nerf version, which obviously messes up the average. There ought to be a system of flagging incorrect listings, including the ones where someone auctions an item for "1" instead of "1k" and then you have a 1pp listing majorly dragging the average down. Flagging inappropriate listings for removal may be the best way to keep that in check. This flagging system could also be a method where the community has the power to remove gouged prices, if enough people flag it as inappropriate. Perhaps that is one method that could help to fight against people who do that sort of thing. Then we could simply remove their listings from the pricing data and the average would still be reasonable.

This sort of thing would work, but would be a pretty massive undertaking requiring active "flagged listing" removal from amin(s) of the site. It's a starting point, but I think it is worth workshopping because gougers are really running rampant these days.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

First off IGNORE ALL YHE NEGATIVE PEOPLE/HATERS

Second, very very good job man.

Lastly, you’re going to get some negative feedback from this because EC Tunnel fat cats do not like sites like this because they can’t price gouge. If I recall correctly the p99auctions site was took down because of those same fat cats ddos’n the site regular. Please keep that in mind when you read negative replies. Hopefully it’s still around whenever I feel like playing again.

With that said keep up the great work and thank you for the site.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would happily volunteer some time to helping to deal with the flagged auctions. I'm sure others would as well.
Thank you, It'll take some time to develop something like that as I don't have an admin portal or any sort of login/auth system at all at this point. I'll definitely keep you in mind for when/if I end up building something like that.

Quote:
Also maybe consider adding the seller names/prices in plain text Wiki-style underneath the charts for quick glances without having to hover over each dot.
Done.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

you are supposed to seed data

every thing just returns
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wait a few weeks and then announce a product that actually works or everyone will forget about it.