Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Redemption doesn't make sense for Mel, she's a religious zealot. Dany is a better redemption story, what with the crucifixions and burning those who challenge her rule.
But she never falls! You can't be redeemed if you don't fall.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still want Sansa to win

What happened to dorne, desert peoples are always marginalized in western canon
Arya kills Cersei and tag teams The Mountain with Sandor.

Jon and Danaerys die in the final battle, and Tyrion+Sansa remarry and rule.

There's your a "woman is the hero" redemption arc for the entire story in synopsis since it so utterly fails to meet your vagina's expectations thus far.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But she never falls! You can't be redeemed if you don't fall.
Those are falls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Her family was wiped out cuz her Dad burned/tortured people. She's repeating his mistakes.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arya kills Cersei and tag teams The Mountain with Sandor.

Jon and Danaerys die in the final battle, and Tyrion+Sansa remarry and rule.

There's your a "woman is the hero" redemption arc for the entire story in synopsis since it so utterly fails to meet your vagina's expectations thus far.
Who said I wanted a woman to be the hero

I want the entire main cast but Sam and Sansa to die because WTB Robb Stark
Old 04-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are falls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Her family was wiped out cuz her Dad burned people. She's repeating his mistakes.
I don't see her or Jon winning in the end. The Targareans are the Normans. The Starks are the Yorks. The Lancasters won the War of the Roses. Tyrion wins in the end, with Sansa at his side making Tudor babies....muhfukka
Old 04-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They're important in the books. D&D didn't have any idea how to use them other than Oberyn.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

I think your guy Euron sank them when Yara went with the boats to pick them up
Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Those are falls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Her family was wiped out cuz her Dad burned/tortured people. She's repeating his mistakes.
Theon murdered children, then lost everything. All Khaleesi did was standard ruler stuff, and she never fell afterwards. If anything she "fell" far, far further earlier when she lost Khal Drogo, but that wasn't because of her failings as a character.

For redemption arcs you need to think of like Zuko in Avatar, or again just look at Theon.

Quote:
I think your guy Euron sank them when Yara went with the boats to pick them up
I strongly suspect the Dornish will be the "cavalry" that shows up and surprisingly saves the heroes in one of the final episodes ... mainly because that's the only way one can even kind of justify that horrible Dorne storyline.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theon murdered children, then lost everything. All Khaleesi did was standard ruler stuff, and she never fell afterwards. If anything she "fell" far, far further earlier when she lost Khal Drogo, but that wasn't because of her failings as a character.

For redemption arcs you need to think of like Zuko in Avatar, or again just look at Theon.

I strongly suspect the Dornish will be the "cavalry" that shows up and surprisingly saves the heroes in one of the final episodes ... mainly because that's the only way one can even kind of justify that horrible Dorne storyline.
She burned Sam’s brother alive for the crime of being an impetuous and loyal youth

She’s her father. You’re just a Targaryen lover
Old 04-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Before even the tarly family BBQ, she did burn alive that shaman who was actually pretty poorly written in the TV show. in the books it's much more clear that the blood magic was an accident (essentially jorah's fault). The TV show makes it sound like she was plotting the whole time. Drogo died because he was a moron. The kid died because jorah made a mistake and dany wouldn't accept the fate she was delivered.

Then you have the noble(s) in mereen who she killed without any evidence they had done anything wrong.

Danny has been slowly falling down the whole series.
Closed Thread