Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-05-2024, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you need 3 FD's up you doing something very very wrong.
Having Blood Ember Greaves saves a lot of mana for any scenario in which you don't need to FD as fast as possible. Death Peace costs 120 mana per cast, which adds up quickly when you are doing a lot of split pulling. You can also remove FD completely from your spell bar if you need more spell slots.

Blood Ember is better for dungeon crawling than Greenmist due to how much mana it saves. Epic is better than Greenmist, which any race can get. Stacking Greenmist and Epic isn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...bonus of not being a big dumb brute who has to beg for shrinks
You can be a Troll and turn yourself into a skeleton via Shroud of Undeath. Easy fix.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Greenmist is a great item.
25mr for a class that does a lot of pulling on raids and in groups shouldn't be overlooked
Old 03-05-2024, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greenmist is a great item.
25mr for a class that does a lot of pulling on raids and in groups shouldn't be overlooked
Greenmist is a good item. If you are an Iksar, get Greenmist for sure. It's simply not a good enough item to trade Blood Ember clickies for if you are worried about your racial choice. Greenmist will be replaced by raid items eventually, but you can't replace BE Greaves/Boots/Gloves.

Any tank class can get Axe of Resistance if needed. That's 20 MR on a 1h weapon. It's usually pretty cheap DKP-wise too, unless something has changed. It has 20 FR and 20 CR as well, which is better than the 5 extra MR. You can put another MR item in a slot that would have been for FR/CR. SK's don't need hate procs to maintain agro, so it isn't a big deal that Axe of Resistance is missing a proc.

You can also use Silver Whip of Rage if you want a 25 MR 1h Weapon with a proc that reduces your damage taken.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-05-2024 at 09:48 PM..
Old 03-05-2024, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

At least in my guild on green those go for quite a bit and really not too common. Whereas greenmist relatively easy to attain. But your right,it is a good option
Old 03-05-2024, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

A turnkey Inny’s Curse is like 100k+. A Lord of Pain’s Khukri is like 15k?

By far the worse thing about iksars is the 2h swing animation. Shroud of Undeath or a Soul Defiler will fix that though.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A turnkey Inny’s Curse is like 100k+. A Lord of Pain’s Khukri is like 15k?

By far the worse thing about iksars is the 2h swing animation. Shroud of Undeath or a Soul Defiler will fix that though.
I agree that if you plan on never raiding with your SK or getting Epic, then Greenmist can be a good stopping point for very casual players. But then the 25 MR argument for raiding is off the table, for example.

I generally caution against people assuming their characters will never reach level 60, unless they are very sure of themselves. P99 is a game many people play for years. You can change your mind in a couple of years in terms of what you want your character to do. I never thought I would raid when I started playing, but that changed over time.

Greenmist isn't good enough to be something you would choose your race over. Blood Ember will also help you while leveling, so it isn't like you are losing a leveling tool by not picking Iksar. Blood Ember saves you a lot of mana, which is an SK's main bottleneck. This is especially true if you are a Troll/Iksar with Fungi Tunic. You are already going to be regenerating more HP than mana while sitting.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t think any knight race is limiting for what you can or can’t do if the rest of your gear/skill is sufficient. Plenty of humans, dark elves, and erudites tank stuff just fine.

If someone likes a lizard, ogre, or troll more power to them.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think any knight race is limiting for what you can or can’t do if the rest of your gear/skill is sufficient. Plenty of humans, dark elves, and erudites tank stuff just fine.

If someone likes a lizard, ogre, or troll more power to them.
Indeed. I don't believe anybody is saying that Iksars are so bad that they are unplayable. I don't believe anybody is saying you shouldn't pick whichever race you prefer.

This is OP's question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking for some input

Is Iksar SK worse for end-game solo crawling than other races?
Do the armor clickies account for serious mana saving etc?
They want to know the pros and cons of Greenmist vs. Blood Ember. That is why they are asking about "armor clickies".

There is no problem with answering this question.

Blood Ember is generally better than Greenmist for solo end-game dungeon crawling.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:01 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blood Ember is generally better than Greenmist for solo end-game dungeon crawling.
Saying this as a matter of fact is totally wrong. Blood Ember is not generally better than Greenmist nor is Greenmist generally better than Blood Ember for solo end-game dungeon crawling. Both are completely inconsequential in reality.

I've had a 60 SK before and i can tell you that i most often used Cascading Darkness for soloing. Engulfing Darkness is not what you want to be using for solo kills and long fights, free or not. You're using BE gauntlets more for fast paced groups where mana is an issue over time or you're trying to be efficient.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_sauga_yoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying this as a matter of fact is totally wrong. Blood Ember is not generally better than Greenmist nor is Greenmist generally better than Blood Ember for solo end-game dungeon crawling. Both are completely inconsequential in reality.

I've had a 60 SK before and i can tell you that i most often used Cascading Darkness for soloing. Engulfing Darkness is not what you want to be using for solo kills and long fights, free or not. You're using BE gauntlets more for fast paced groups where mana is an issue over time or you're trying to be efficient.
welp, c u boys in 20 pages