Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
There are people who exist who didn't think AAs were great?
Manaburn was fun as shit on RZ!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Does this even need to be discussed right now? Kunark isnt even out and is very buggy from what I hear, no reason to think about whats after Velious...
Old 11-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

And the good news is we don't have to worry about it for a couple years at least.

But while we're on the issue, I'd like to throw out there that I quite liked PoP. Bar PoK books, it wasn't half bad as an expansion. PoP was meant to be EQ's true endgame...
Old 11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to do the PoJ trials again
And I want to go through re-flagging for elemental planes.. Wait.. no.. 8(
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Orc

I want it to stop at velious . Yes I love classic eq.

Yes AA's helped ruin the game. Luclin = the day Everquest died to me.

Just wondering why lustrous russet armor isn't taken out? On the time line it was suppose to be taken out with Crysosilk but i have no idea.
Last edited by bopice; 11-28-2009 at 01:00 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkeybhoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the good news is we don't have to worry about it for a couple years at least.

But while we're on the issue, I'd like to throw out there that I quite liked PoP. Bar PoK books, it wasn't half bad as an expansion. PoP was meant to be EQ's true endgame...
I agree, PoP really did feel like an endgame expansion... Had it been, I wouldn't have quit when I did.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Aviak

If we're voting, my vote goes to adding custom content but keeping that content appropriate to a classic setting. The rewards have to be either equal to or slightly better than what was available in classic but no gear that it is so juiced up that soloing dragons becomes possible.

Opening up slightly newer expansion might be reasonable if those aspects that radically altered gameplay or caused all gear from previous expansions to be relegated to pet toys were removed like say, Luclin without Nexus Scions but with custom Luclin ports available for Druids and Wizzies. Elimination of the Bazaar would also be in order since it allows easy access to later gear that is overpowering in an old world setting. If someone wants to sell or buy these items let them do it face to face to keep some sense of community. It slows down the number of these items that filter down into older content keeping the game fair for everyone. Setting up a sell bot while they sleep or play on another account takes away from the community and was one of the reasons why Luclin was so bad.

PoP, you're getting into dangerous territory as that was the expansion that really started having overpowering gear showing up in the hands of noobs. PoK also made most port spells obsolete and eliminated much of the hunt and search aspect when looking for spells and tradeskill supplies, so PoP is probably not a good idea to open up at all and anything after that is definitely out of bounds.

(If you wanted to do custom content and ran out of zones in the old world to put it in, then opening up a later expansion solely for the reason of repopulating the zones with new mobs, quests, etc might also be acceptable, keeping the new content appropriate as mentioned above)
Last edited by Torrinn; 11-28-2009 at 07:13 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see a wipe about a year after velious is released. By then, even the casuals should have had chance to try out the content.
The day I come back to a server wipe is the day I quit this server and I'm sure a lot of others would, too. Work your way up to 60 with all the best gear for your class, log in next day and you're back to creating a new character because all your hard work is gone? That's B.S.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

On the other hand, the day will come when you walk away, anyway. This thread isn't discussing next week, or even next month.

Danth
Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Large Bat

The reason I think this server is a) great, and b) unusual is that it doesn't slide into the custom content or expansion-crazy Live version - it says (and rightly so) "the original game had something that EQ lost somewhere along the line of 15 expansions". It would be a shame to sell that vision short by piling on stuff until we don't recognise it any more. If you hit the level cap, and have raided everything - reroll a new class and try doing things differently.

Personally, if it were up to me (which it isn't I know) I would like to see just EQ classic and Kunark, but that's it, with spare time spent polishing it into a bug-free state with all the quests and mobs working rather than seeing new custom content.
Last edited by tycho100; 11-29-2009 at 01:05 AM..
Closed Thread