Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloine36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 took out the compass. We had that on live. Maybe not at classic launch, but we had it later. Screw the "It's not classic!" asshats and put the compass back on.
Second this.
Having to manually tap sense heading adds nothing to the "classic" experience or enjoyment of the game.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't understand why its hard to code getting stuff back from charmed pets. If the item is tradeable, add it to the loot table. If it isn't, don't. This should be a 1-liner or close to it.
I think the problem is the loot table and the equip table are one of the same. So if you did that you would not be able to give your pet nodrop items.
Not that this would be such a bad thing.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

That's definitely not the problem, as npcs couldn't equip no drop items anyway.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second this.
Having to manually tap sense heading adds nothing to the "classic" experience or enjoyment of the game.
It adds everything to the classic experience. EQ 1999 was absolutely brutal and never held your hand. Some people want that, but unfortunately with everything being known that magic of mystery is hard to come by.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerkuv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to sift through all the emotional posts about people claiming it was or wasn't on live etc. Lots of debating and back and forth in threads make it hard to distinguish between a revert to classic live, or just a change in 1999.
The forum isn't the place for this kind of thing. P99 has a wiki, where you can create articles and people can help fact-check. Here's an example:

http://wiki.project1999.org/Non-Classic_Compendium

I suggest doing this on the wiki.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

I was thinking the other day that I don't go LD on the boats enough or even glitch and fall off the ships. That's different from live! I think some of my most traumatizing gaming experiences came from falling off the boat or getting killed by a seafury that somehow attacked me through the ship. Then having to locate my corpse or swim to an island and beg for someone to find me.

I also don't randomly crash or go LD when someone picks up the phone line.

Anyone else have horrible stories of crashing or going LD back in the glory days of dial-up and classic eq?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Lord Shin Ree, the assbeef at orc 1 in EC. Drops nothing, eight (EIGHT) levels higher than everything around it, harm touches. Lovely. Again I didn't have to deal with him on my main or alts leveling in Kunark and Velious... he came later.
Was around as early as March 2000 (Which we are past server time).
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3567

Not seeing any reference to him Harm Touching though.
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Orc

Things that are different here that realy bothered me are :,

Pathing = much worse than live here. spots in dungeons never fixed that kill groups over and over.

Ac = not the same as live. It is better than at launch but still isn't close to correct , which kinda ruins the whole getting better gear for melee's. When the Ac doesn't do exactly what it should.

Mobs drop rates. Item drop rates are put in at the best guess of the devs. Many items were much Harder and sometimes easier to obtain back on live. This ruins it for me too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I mean if obulus death shroud drops 1 in 1000 here and 1 in 5000 on live. kinda sucks for that true classic experience. or When wu sticks drop 1 in 100 instead of 1 in 2000 phantoms etc etc.

Mobs that roam where they shouldn't , mobs missing . The LDC that roams from entrance of sol b ? the kobold that is stationary in the first left tunnel of sol b on p1999 was never there. etc etc.

Mobs spawn rates / spawn times. not always correct.

It is great that they work so hard to make this server classic . It is just sad that no one can ever recreate it exactly.

Go to eq mac and check out the spawns and loot chances maybe ? would be an easy way to fix things. Even a go way to check how ac should work.

Mobs not casting correct ai. and not acting like they did on live. Also spells "whirl till you hurl" etc . working different than live. at this point.
It is a great server , just that when 40percent of the players were caught cheating.... kinda ruined it for me. On top of power hungry gms that banned me so their friends could get a raid mob. I was unbanned but still ruined the experience.

I loved playing beta and the first few months were awesome here.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember having trouble pulling mobs great distances in some of the Kunark zones, particularly TT. Mobs would warp back to their patrol path - but they didn't forget about you. Once you got back within a certain (large) radius, they would pick up the chase again. I highly doubt anything similar to that was possible in PoFear, having kited large portions of that zone's population for extended periods of time.

Gating mobs always got back some of their health, but they would only attempt gate if they were a certain distance from their spawn point (and then they would ALWAYS try). Similar to the TT scenario above, a gated mob would not immediately come back unless you were inside the "re-aggro" radius. I'm still a noob on this server, so I can't attest to it being any different here.
seconded. i remember it like this.

ran far enough away, it would give up the chase, but as soon as i got near it again (even before it was visible), it was on me like glue
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

5 minute Damage Shield timers.

Seriously. What the fuck. Make it 15 and get it over with. Last time this topic gained steam, GM's basically said "Deal with it. hurr durr PL abuse."

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread