Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-22-2022, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Default What is "double shrinking"?

Reading through the Magician page on the wiki, I came across this.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magicia...the_Right_Race

Just wondering what that means. How badly would I be screwed if I didn't pick a gnome? If I wanted to pick an erudite or a dark elf mage, wouldn't I just need to carry a shrink potion? What else would I need other than that?
Old 10-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Using 2 shrink pots charges.

Shrink isn’t all that for a mage. It is nice to be small and I’d roll a gnome myself. Dark elf also nice for hide and erudite for MR.

With mage you can go with any race and feel good about it.
Old 10-22-2022, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using 2 shrink pots charges.

Shrink isn’t all that for a mage. It is nice to be small and I’d roll a gnome myself. Dark elf also nice for hide and erudite for MR.

With mage you can go with any race and feel good about it.
So all I would have to do is carry a shrink pot in that case if I wanted access to that trick? Thanks very much.

Yep I'm going to roll a mage next (already collected half the focus item pieces for him) and I'm having a hard time deciding on race/deity, lol. All of 'em are appealing in their own ways.
Old 10-23-2022, 03:30 AM
Fire Giant

Race doesn't mean anything for a mage,nor does gear really.
Mage can level to 50+ in cloth gear.
Pick the race you like looking at
Old 10-23-2022, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just wondering what that means. How badly would I be screwed if I didn't pick a gnome? If I wanted to pick an erudite or a dark elf mage, wouldn't I just need to carry a shrink potion? What else would I need other than that?
You won't, 10 dose Srhink potions are not that expensive or hard to make

Get shrunk twice by a shaman or a war with a Seb bracer, or drink a single dose of ant's legs potion.
There, you're small enough now even if you're a HE to see through walls and summon an Eye of Zomm at zone line; but you won't need to worry about that before you're 55 and can cast Call of the Hro
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 10-23-2022 at 07:45 AM..
Old 10-25-2022, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You only need to shrink once, it's bugged and always shrinks double per click/cast. You're not screwed at all not picking gnome, you just have to realize that you will have to carry around shrink pots to do your COTHing duties. Play the race you like!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-25-2022, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
How badly would I be screwed if I didn't pick a gnome? If I wanted to pick an erudite or a dark elf mage, wouldn't I just need to carry a shrink potion? What else would I need other than that?
Terribly, absolutely, and very awfully screwed, because ... gnomes are awesome, and you're missing out on playing one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But certainly not because of the size thing; as others have said, that's just about the annoyance of needing to buy/recharge potions periodically ... if you even raid.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-31-2022, 03:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you want to raid, pick gnome.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Terribly, absolutely, and very awfully screwed, because ... gnomes are awesome, and you're missing out on playing one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But certainly not because of the size thing; as others have said, that's just about the annoyance of needing to buy/recharge potions periodically ... if you even raid.
Gnomes are exclusively for players with excessive addictions and comorbid personality disorders. Never trust a gnome.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung