Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

I'm coming back to this game pretty soon but I can tell you what I did a few years ago, because nothing has changed regarding leveling an ench.

My first char was a druid so I had some cash for my enchanter.

HPS! Not cha, hps. That's what will get you through your leveling experience. Cha is useful but that's more a stat you use for optimizing purposes. At lev 60 I have 255 cha and you should too, but you aren't level 60. You're going to get hit in the face a lot as a n enc and minor mez success/charm duration increases don't mean much compared to +hp on gear.

Also as an ench, be a dark elf. If you didn't pick dark elf, delete and start over, being able to hide to instant break charm is superior to all other races. I made my character a high elf and I have a really nicely geared level 60 high elf enc that I may reroll because dark elf is just better.

For perfectly optimized velious characters that are dark elf enchanters, roll up a DE ench with +sta +cha. Of course it doesn't mean shit because enchanters just stand around and buff people but bleah. I'm Veyrana and I remember carrying a bunch of really shitty TMO players that didn't know what they were doing through their levels in sebilis so their shitty magician players could somehow learn to do /pet back. I actually stopped grouping with people because I was tired of fucking magicians being garbage and not wanting to deal with them. Magician players are such shit. Don't be one, that's the symbol of ass.
Last edited by Vondra; 04-12-2016 at 03:37 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also as an ench, be a dark elf. If you didn't pick dark elf, delete and start over, being able to hide to instant break charm is superior to all other races.
No. The Dark Elf hide is far from an "instant charm break" because the hide only works about 15% of the time or so. It can actually take several minutes to successfully break a charm. That's far from instant. The correct answer is the Goblin Gazughi Ring, even if you're a DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
roll up a DE ench with +sta
Also a nope. Do not put starting points into STA. The return on HP per STA for a pure caster is basically meaningless. You'd actually be better served to put the points into STR than STA, but the best place to put them would be INT.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 04-12-2016 at 10:06 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Dark Elf Hide - Instant Charm Break, 25% of the time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

High Elf, all into CHA, 5 into INT. Goblin Gazughi Ring all the way.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buying a full set of Ice Silk I think crosses the line of "decent amount" of money into "pure twink" money but it is excellent if you can pony up for it. The robe alone sells for 20k+ and I saw a cap in EC last night selling for 8k.
Just started seeing Ice silk gear pop up as well. Anybody know the state of farming ice burrowers? I imagine now that the combines are in game, these are fairly well farmed since they aren't particularly difficult. Rather farm some silk than shell out 20k for a robe.. that damn sexy robe.
Last edited by Crawdad; 04-12-2016 at 11:23 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started seeing Ice silk gear pop up as well. Anybody know the state of farming ice burrowers? I imagine now that the combines are in game, these are fairly well farmed since they aren't particularly difficult. Rather farm some silk than shell out 20k for a robe.. that damn sexy robe.
Ice burrowers are a pain and the silks are rare. So hardly farmed at all. I'll solo them when im bored but getting the silk together is a long process. (robe needs 6 of them) And then with trivials in the mid 300s expect to need more than the minimum amount of silk.

The other materials will run you a lot per combine too. platinum thread and 4 rubies to create the proper enchanted vial.

Then there is getting proper tailoring, which really should be no less than 250

really nice chanter armor though.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 04-12-2016 at 05:51 PM..
Old 04-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Racial hide seemed closer to 50% for me. Was good enough to get to ~55ish via charm soloing.

Ring is obviously better. The difference between the enchanter races just isn't big enough if you pick Agnostic and allocate your starting stats correctly.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

As a 55 DE enchanter, I will say that I didn't make any mistakes in my creation. I am actually glad that I decided to go for a dark elf as my first main toon on P99 for one reason:

No starting plat.

Sure the gaz ring is great...once you are high enough to camp it yourself or have another plat farming char, then roll a HIE or ERU chanter. (Coming up with ~7k plat as a main toon can be rough to amass considering enchanters are the most gear-dependent caster class.) That being said, having control to break charm when you wants it to break is essential, especially when you are starting to solo 46+ zones by yourself. As you will come to find really quickly, the unexpected break in root or charm when your not paying attention can have you seeing death really fast if you cant control your mobs. (See howling Stones Soloing)

That being said, acquiring plat can be rough until your late 40's, early 50's (And were talking about thousands of plat to get good full Loam gear and rare spells.)...Also don't focus on getting your epic unless you are in a guild that can help you with the major stuff. I started collecting my epic pieces once I hit 46 but even at 55-60, Verina and Vessel will be the bane of your existence.

My opinion on the core gear to get. Of course the goblin ring is invaluable if you don't have hide already on a DE, but forcing a charm break by swapping that extra spell slot for an IVU/invis is tedious..and it doesn't account for when charm or root breaks, which for some reason is always a 80%chance things don't happen as you expect when your playing as an enchanter past lvl 40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TLDR -- Rolling a DE chanter if this is your first toon on p99 is a great thing because you have access to somewhat break charm while still medding. If you already have a money-making char, min/max your next enchanter make an ERU or HIE for the CHA bonus upfront.
Last edited by kgallowaypa; 05-02-2016 at 12:45 PM..
Closed Thread