Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 01:24 AM
Banned

Default enchanter cha

whats a good cha base for charming well? 150? 175? trying to find a good target to hit when i make one.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Minimum 200 CHA I would never recommend anything lower for a charm oriented enchanter.
Your charms will break a lot if you're not close to or above 200 cha. It's just like a lucky number or something. The higher the better!
Always keep a CHA buff up on yourself.

And Magic Resistance Debuff your target before you charm it! This is KEY. Tash it before charming it and if you have someone who can malo it, have them malo it too. Get that magic res as low as possible.

CHA and Magic Res are two key numbers in the charm breaking formula for enchanters.
Last edited by Baler; 03-20-2016 at 04:11 AM..
Old 03-20-2016, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

205 unbuffed is your target.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
205 unbuffed is your target.
This is true because at level 56 you get a 50 CHA buff.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Overwhelming_Splendor

If you're grouped with a lvl 59 shaman they can buff you for 55 CHA.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Unfailing_Reverence

Either way you'll be at 255 cha (capped) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2016, 11:49 PM
Kobold

Just as a real world example I run 160ish cha and have 7-8 out of 10 blue con charms last long enough to kill what they are fighting (or need to break charm so I can kill the pet). Yellows and whites make for fun fights but blues are generally quite relaxed. I have no doubt that 200 plus is better but at least till level 24 I can say 160ish is fine most of the time.

If you are planning to level solo in close quarters dungeons all the time you probably want to shoot for as close to 200 just because breaks are a nightmare in tight spaces. I've found decent spots outdoors so far and it makes life much less stressful even if the exp is a bit slower ;-)
Old 03-22-2016, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as a real world example I run 160ish cha and have 7-8 out of 10 blue con charms last long enough to kill what they are fighting (or need to break charm so I can kill the pet). Yellows and whites make for fun fights but blues are generally quite relaxed. I have no doubt that 200 plus is better but at least till level 24 I can say 160ish is fine most of the time.

If you are planning to level solo in close quarters dungeons all the time you probably want to shoot for as close to 200 just because breaks are a nightmare in tight spaces. I've found decent spots outdoors so far and it makes life much less stressful even if the exp is a bit slower ;-)
The stakes go up dramatically as you level. Charming yellows and whites becomes an impossibility and at 60 you are typically aiming for mobs 8-10 levels below you.

Even at this level a charmed pet can wreck you in seconds. And that is before you get daring enough to haste it and give it two weapons.

This is the point where every little bit you can squeeze out of your stats can save you, and where anything less than 200cha isnt going to cut it.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stakes go up dramatically as you level. Charming yellows and whites becomes an impossibility and at 60 you are typically aiming for mobs 8-10 levels below you.

Even at this level a charmed pet can wreck you in seconds. And that is before you get daring enough to haste it and give it two weapons.

This is the point where every little bit you can squeeze out of your stats can save you, and where anything less than 200cha isnt going to cut it.
I don't doubt that, however your ability to buy more gear and cast better cha buffs also goes up. My point is simply that you don't need 200+ cha from the start. Also like I said if you level outdoors things are less messy when charm breaks (sow + room to run is great).

The thing is most enchanter advice is to max out cha and be a high elf. But somehow all those DE enchanters make it work and they start with 20 less cha than high elves. So if you start out high elf and dump all possible points into int and the rest into cha you will STILL have the same cha as a dark elf that has maxxed their cha.

I think it is important to give some perspective to the whole cha thing, you don't need it from day one and also it is relatively cheap to buy cha gear. So people shouldn't be so afraid of making a mistep on char creation, it just isn't that big of an issue. If you get super into your enchanter you can gear past a few points of starting points misspent.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you start out high elf and dump all possible points into int and the rest into cha you will STILL have the same cha as a dark elf that has maxxed their cha.
Wtf. No. INT is practically useless as an Enchanter. HP, mana, and CHA are all way more important. Maxing CHA at character creation allows you to start buying HP and mana gear quicker because you hit 200 unbuffed CHA sooner.

And you'll still hit the INT soft cap with exactly zero effort.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtf. No. INT is practically useless as an Enchanter. HP, mana, and CHA are all way more important. Maxing CHA at character creation allows you to start buying HP and mana gear quicker because you hit 200 unbuffed CHA sooner.

And you'll still hit the INT soft cap with exactly zero effort.
The point was... that based on which race you choose maxing out CHA just barely puts you higher than another race's STARTING CHA. Yet somehow these dark elf and gnome enchanters haven't ruined their lives because they didn't roll high elf.

But sure if hps are so dear to you put everything into STA if that floats your boat. I honestly could care less but stop acting like to be an effective enchanter you have to be a HIE with maxed out CHA into starting points. That just isn't the case, pick an erudite cause you like bath robes, or pick that DE cause they look badass (and hide is cool), or gnome because they are short (and you don't need a spell to see through walls). So what if you have to carry around that glorified beer mug for a bit longer, that one slot isn't going to make or break your gaming experience.

Also if INT means nothing why doesn't everyone start as a human enc? they only start with 5 less CHA but have better STA? Those few extra hit points remember are much more important than INT since INT means nothing. I guess everyone has been doing it wrong this whole time.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

The question posed was how much CHA was good for charming. Not this other stuff everyone has started going back and forth about.

The answer, simply put, is as much as you can get.
Closed Thread