Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can say, anecdotally, that going from something around 230 to something around 250 helped immensely (WAY fewer charm breaks!).
The blurb from EQMU explicitly states:

"Charisma ONLY effects the initial resist check when charm is cast..."

This appears to suggest that CHA has no effect on charm breaks because those don't happen on the initial resist check.

The other way to read that sentence is as a conditional where CHA only affects the initial resist check under X conditions. But since those conditions don't follow I feel this is the wrong interpretation of what is said.

Most people seems to feel that higher CHA leads to less charm breaks. If this is true, the blurb from eqemu is incorrect. Perhaps the formula for p99 is different. If it is, then we have no idea of what the numbers look like because all of them might have been altered.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Orc

Interesting. I've never really had a problem with resists upon initial charm. I also am not above placebo effect! I'd be curious to know what the true mechanic is, though. I guess I'll have to wait for someone who is more curious than me to do some testing! Until then, I will remain a member of the cult of CHA.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

it's pretty common knowledge that p99 has been altered pretty significantly from the eqemu source code, so i wouldnt really take what you see there as gospel.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's pretty common knowledge that p99 has been altered pretty significantly from the eqemu source code, so i wouldnt really take what you see there as gospel.
That is my thought as well. Unfortunately that leaves us with being unable to quantify the exact value of CHA. However, I did see a patch note from the p99 staff indicating that CHA does affect (I think) charm breaks and lull agro. I might have to dig that up again...
Old 04-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=186455

literally first line.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

That's the one... I think=)

EDIT: It is worth noting that it doesn't say in what way it is more dependable. It may just be the initial resist check like eqemu for all we know.
Last edited by Ordrek; 04-05-2016 at 08:42 PM..
Old 04-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Orc

.02 cents

Ive just level'd up (49) from a fresh start and non-twinkage. Using my Animation (as I have a pocket cleric at all times) plenty until... Charisma was able to hit 180. Not only do you see a rather large difference in charm (as you also do at 150) but you see a massive uptick in Lulls being golden at that 180 mark.

At that point you can charm and not have repetitive issues from it. And can remain solidly in "grind exp mode". Then once you hit 200+ you will see charm being golden as what matters mostly is the creatures level and its innate ability to resist.

Charisma >>> Intelligence. But, for me, it was dependent on hitting that # otherwise I just kept with Int.
Last edited by Eld'n'Ell; 04-11-2016 at 08:08 AM..
Closed Thread