Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How much leveling content do the two expansion packs bring to the table?

Especially when compared to the amount of leveling content the pure vanilla EQ1 has which, atleast to my understanding, is quite little? Atleast in terms of quests etc.? My plan is to level a Halfling Druid and a Dwarf Paladin, but it just struck me that I'm probably going to have my hands full leveling even just one character, so maybe I should save the other one for the expansions, so I don't miss out on the leveling content provided in those? What do you guys think? Is it worth waiting out with the other char or should I just level them concurrently right now in vanilla? I personally value the leveling process as just as important a part of an MMO adventure as the end game, so I'm kinda itching to see it all.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

When Kunark was released, it was stated by the devs that Iksar could go from 1-60 without leaving Kunark. This is, while possible, not always fun, because of the XP highway effect on Blue.

On Green? Hell yes it will be possible, and probably even done.

Velious has nothing for sub-30 toons - it was additional mid-game and end-game content.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

I would humbly recommend that you level the druid to 20 first. Regardless of how you feel about druids or what you think of them after leveling to 20, you'll end up using the character for its utility as a buyer / seller / servant due to having self ports to all 3 continents as well as Tracking. Another reason to do this is that by having a level 20 druid, you could then get a friend to help you get a free great weapon for the Paladin.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Deepwater_Harpoon

Assuming you have the druid and paladin character on 2 different accounts, you could have the friend do the quest chain with you and the druid by use of Levitate and SoW could train away the spectres on the island so the NPC could live and safely drop the weapon, to then be picked up and handed off to your paladin later.

As far as Kunark goes, there are several great spots for mid level grouping and exploring that the bulk of the server will be hitting for certain. So it will be up to you as to which of the two characters you really like and will end up gearing as your main. Velious on the other hand doesn't really offer much content for players that are below level 27, and that's assuming that players that low in level will be grouping to take on the initial mobs.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 11-01-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 02:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Send a message via ICQ to elsiemay Send a message via AIM to elsiemay Send a message via Yahoo to elsiemay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would humbly recommend that you level the druid to 20 first. Regardless of how you feel about druids or what you think of them after leveling to 20, you'll end up using the character for its utility as a buyer / happy wheels / seller / servant due to having self ports to all 3 continents as well as Tracking. Another reason to do this is that by having a level 20 druid, you could then get a friend to help you get a free great weapon for the Paladin.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Deepwater_Harpoon

Assuming you have the druid and paladin character on 2 different accounts, you could have the friend do the quest chain with you and the druid by use of Levitate and SoW could train away the spectres on the island so the NPC could live and safely drop the weapon, to then be picked up and handed off to your paladin later.

As far as Kunark goes, there are several great spots for mid level grouping and exploring that the bulk of the server will be hitting for certain. So it will be up to you as to which of the two characters you really like and will end up gearing as your main. Velious on the other hand doesn't really offer much content for players that are below level 27, and that's assuming that players that low in level will be grouping to take on the initial mobs.
Thank you very much for the very detailed help!
Old 11-06-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghamarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Especially when compared to the amount of leveling content the pure vanilla EQ1 has which, atleast to my understanding, is quite little? Atleast in terms of quests etc.?
The Field of Bone -> Kurn's -> Lake of Ill Omen path is super-popular but it's a hassle unless you're Iksar or build up Cabilis faction, which is a lot of bone chips and takes time away from leveling. Still, those three zones are like the fastest way to get into your 20s IMHO. If you want to play a Knight and are flexible I would suggest starting an Iksar SK at that time. An Iksar start is unique and very atmospheric, you have this new strange world and you're surrounded mostly by other Iksar and there's all this lore and stuff. No other race provides that.

Like the other poster said, once Velious hits you'll be good if you have someone in the mid-30s.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark brings 1-60 content
Velious brings 30-60 content

Together that's a LOT of content added ontop of the classic 1-50 content.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark brings 1-60 content
Velious brings 30-60 content

Together that's a LOT of content added ontop of the classic 1-50 content.
Don't forget the whole Odus revamp, with the Warrens, Paineel, the Hole, and Stonebrunt too
Old 11-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Banned

KurnS is comfy af 9-20 for CLR UD solo
Also WW giant fort fun lowB grpN
Old 11-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Leveling 1-50 in vanilla is 1000% better than in kunark due to ZEM's and mob toughness.

Just my opinion.

Leveling 50-60 in vanilla is better where you find appropriate mobs.

What kunark added was ENORMOUS ZONES with tons of mobs that helped mitigate the problems we are having now in the vanilla world. Field of bone is like more level 1-10 content than entire vanilla game elsewhere.

But FM and OT and DL are all just swarming with mobs and can handle tons of groups safely grinding for hours and hours for EXP. Good ol Grindin. The good spots in vanilla can't handle that many folks and their EXP per hour sinks when there aren't enough mobs.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

kc and seb...thats where u wanna be.
Closed Thread