Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 05:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default does boxing mean only one character at a time, or only one period?

hello, sorry for my noobish question, this is my first time playing Everquest, i did not play back in the day and I have not played the full version of EQ either, so I am slightly confused about the boxing rule. does boxing mean we can only have one character active at a time, or only one character period? If it's the latter, I guess that means there is no way to play all the different possible character combinations? Or, you would at least need to delete your existing character first?
Old 11-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

One at the time.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Aviak

I thought this

"6. You may not have more than one client running per real life person playing on Project 1999 (Boxing).

There is no 'boxing' on Project 1999 servers. Boxing is defined as having more than one client running from a single computer, or having more than one client running per person in the same household on different computers. Project 1999 has an IP block on its servers to prevent players from boxing. You may apply for an IP exemption if you have more than one person in your household wanting to play by following the instructions on this forum:"

Ment that you couldn't run multiple applications of everquest to allow you to play with yourself.
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 11-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Aviak

Cause even i may be under a misunderstanding here if thats not the case.
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 11-28-2019, 01:36 PM
Aviak

"Project 1999 and Boxing
Project 1999 is (legally) not allowed to charge for accounts. This means they have only two options, both of which aren't classic:

allow limitless free accounts to play at once: this would follow classic mechanics, but (as virtually every other emulated EQ server has shown) such a server would quickly feel empty as everyone you meet would be "playing with themselves"

limit each player to playing one account a time.

Project 1999 chooses the later option, and the "one-box" limit is part of the server's Play Nice Policies."

From the wiki :3
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 11-28-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

You can create however many different characters you like (up to your limit per account of course)

You can NOT play two or more characters at once(called boxing), either in a different window(boxing) OR using another computer(true boxing).

So its pretty much this: "Only one character allowed to be played at a time per person"
Last edited by Evets; 11-28-2019 at 05:11 PM..
Old 11-29-2019, 03:20 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can create however many different characters you like (up to your limit per account of course)

You can NOT play two or more characters at once(called boxing), either in a different window(boxing) OR using another computer(true boxing).

So its pretty much this: "Only one character allowed to be played at a time per person"
boom
Old 11-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, Oyster, you can make as many characters as you want! You just can’t play two at once; which is nice, because other people also can’t do so, so you’ll have people to group with. Anyway, some people make one of every class. I have a friend who has 3 clerics, all different levels. And you’ll see some people’s forum signatures list multiple characters.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Great! Thanks for the clarification everyone.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boom
Should we add NO Family sharing of accounts as well? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread