Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-08-2022, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Default Role play server

How about green 2.0 is a role play server structured in a way to keep psychosis at bay and encourage journeying.

Perhaps have dragons only drop teeth which compose a single all slot item that eventually becomes basically universally best in slot as you add teeth to it.

And then the rest of dragon loot is distributed in a way that there is no more DKP.

And everything not player crafted is no drop (but still sellable to special merchant that deleted the items) so there’s no pharming (except plat I guess)

Some minor customization to change the “meta”

Because as a museum server blue and now green are a bit of bummers and the raid scene seems to suck up the vast majority of the staff time and frankly I’d be happier to delete the dragons and all their gear and just have the Active staff do random
GM interactions with players like special bottles of beer given out when they see you at a city bar.

This isn’t a fleshed out idea but I think that a custom
Server can be made that acknowledges the limitations of a timelocked server and allows people to play eq for fun and not get caught up in the deranged stuff we sometimes see. So ya a nostalgia role play box that removes all the stuff that psychopaths like.

This is a non pvp server I’d consider playing
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 06-08-2022 at 03:29 PM..
Old 06-08-2022, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I think all the lessons we learn and the developers learn from classic would let them create something incredible as an alternative to what the timeline did, but I do know that part of the agreement with the main game is that they can't do that ;/
Old 06-10-2022, 04:10 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about green 2.0 is a role play server structured in a way to keep psychosis at bay and encourage journeying.

This isn’t a fleshed out idea but I think that a custom
Server can be made that acknowledges the limitations of a timelocked server and allows people to play eq for fun and not get caught up in the deranged stuff we sometimes see. So ya a nostalgia role play box that removes all the stuff that psychopaths like.

This is a non pvp server I’d consider playing
I wonder if that kind of server would actually be "successful" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You see, I come from EVE Online, where I have been playing since 2005 ...

And the game today is still up and running due to the "psychopaths" you mention.

Strangely enough, the hardcore grinders, plat and loot farmers and weird troupes that form around these people are usually the most active community of a server and usually the last to leave.

And hey, trust me, I love and totally dig your idea! ...
]
I would love seeing something that removes that weird strange fascination with endgame content and do a theme park of sorts like you mention, something to have fun and interactive GM events.

I would gladly donate for such a server to be honest... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]