Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 11-02-2022, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level is the necro and what are you trying to lull? That sounds really high.
55, mostly in basement. So mob level is 46 max. I'd say I probably get 1 in 3 crit resists.

It's gotten to the point where I have to target mob and then run max distance to lull, in case of crit resist I can FD before I get triple harm-touched.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
55, mostly in basement. So mob level is 46 max. I'd say I probably get 1 in 3 crit resists.

It's gotten to the point where I have to target mob and then run max distance to lull, in case of crit resist I can FD before I get triple harm-touched.
Why not just send a pet in to get all the HTs off?

I remember trying to lull a room like that when I was a young necro. Far easier to just send something in there to clear the HTs off. Even if it gets killed, at least you're starting a room clear with no HTs to deal with.
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-02-2022 at 12:40 PM..
Old 11-02-2022, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just send a pet in to get all the HTs off?
i like using the harmtouches on mobs to make them die quicker -- but also mana
Old 11-02-2022, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like using the harmtouches on mobs to make them die quicker -- but also mana
Well, of course. Sorry, I didn't mean a summoned pet. Like grab a pet from elsewhere and use it to break the room full of HTs?

I guess in your worst case scenario: you're trying to do a room of 4 HTs and theres no other undeads to charm nearby and send as cannon fodder?
Old 11-02-2022, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Well, of course. Sorry, I didn't mean a summoned pet. Like grab a pet from elsewhere and use it to break the room full of HTs?

I guess in your worst case scenario: you're trying to do a room of 4 HTs and theres no other undeads to charm nearby and send as cannon fodder?
oh yeah, sometimes i will do that -- but yes - worst case when theres no undead to send in as fodder

its only happened once or twice in my dozens of hours in howling stones - but worst case - crit resist lull, feign death fail, mobs tear through manaskin, no room to kite and dead.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
oh yeah, sometimes i will do that -- but yes - worst case when theres no undead to send in as fodder

its only happened once or twice in my dozens of hours in howling stones - but worst case - crit resist lull, feign death fail, mobs tear through manaskin, no room to kite and dead.
Yeah, it happens. Harmshield as soon as FD fails. You may be able to get a second FD try off...or just WC cap.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Do undead HS mobs social each other? I don't remember.

One of the great tricks about a necro (or SK) with low CHA is using it to single split out undead mobs with a crit resist (since typically undead mobs do _not_ social each other).
Old 11-02-2022, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do undead HS mobs social each other? I don't remember.

One of the great tricks about a necro (or SK) with low CHA is using it to single split out undead mobs with a crit resist (since typically undead mobs do _not_ social each other).
they do social. i believe only in kurns tower, they dont social and dont run.

i cant think of any other zone off the top of my head where undead dont social or run.
Old 11-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Banned

undead frogs in LGUK run
Old 11-14-2022, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Surprisingly the sepulcher spectres in HS flee, as well as the golems and devourers. Skellies and bile golems do not though