Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 01-09-2023, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah Dictate has been consistently like 10k+, so that's kind of prohibitive but sounds worth it if you can do some camps with it. I would like to farm the SK some gear over buying it for sure!

Also, do all mobs in SG give negative faction upon death? I didn't know that all mobs needed you to /q out to not lose faction.
Yes all mobs require that you /q.
For fellspine camp it's easy,since the mobs don't leave the water.
You can take a couple of faction hits, I've had 2 from lag mostly and a rod click still makes me non kos. I think if I get another il need to use Collab.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Since you don't take faction hits do you not get credited for the kill then? Have to wait to loot it and such?
Old 01-09-2023, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you don't take faction hits do you not get credited for the kill then? Have to wait to loot it and such?
You can loot as soon as you get back in from Ld, but that's 3 mins or so for me.
Interestingly enough you seem to get XP from the kills while Ld.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Well now I gotta level up just to try stuff like this and this NG camp Tox mentioned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2023, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well now I gotta level up just to try stuff like this and this NG camp Tox mentioned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO this is sort of the "hierarchy" of the popular solo enc camps:

NG (seb) / Frenzy (velk): super easy, straightforward, can get as much buffer XP as you want if you're at the controls or can hold camp by killing 1-3 mobs. Recommended for poorly geared / new-to-solo enchanters looking to get the basics down.

ABC / Disco (Brogg): these are good options for when NG and Crypt are camped and you don't want to abandon the zone...just a bit more risk due to being deeper in, but thats what rogues are for.

HS South: its too bad the value of the drops have decreased a bit. This camp is pretty high risk for newcomers unless you have a pocket necro / SK friend for that dreaded CR. I still recommend any aspiring enc to do this at least once...at least get to the safe spot and successfully kill some nameds if nothing else but to simply check them off the solo artist list. Pet track to check other nameds...they may not be too far away to clear to.

Broodmother (if factioned): a little harder hitting but otherwise easily doable Velks camp. Being factioned makes CRs non issue. You'd think after the thousands of staves that have dropped the value would have tanked...yet here we are paying 12-18k for them still.

Crypt (seb): learn how to use stalking probes / gnome to get in. A lot of people have cleric bots parked in the safe spot and/or rogues that can go get your corpse (tip them well).

A4: best camp to learn / get used to high MR mobs, but if you watch a guide video it really takes all the guesswork out of learning it yourself. Loot can be streaky but its bonerjamz when them thrones rain down. Excellent camp if you want to do RL stuff in between clears. Take your XP death like a man on this one.

Fellspine / Drusella: if you're going for this you probably don't need any more guidance. Also if you're willing to camp Drusella longer than the next guy...its probably time to walk away from EQ for a bit.

Everything above Fellspine (Emperor Cho, Khelkar, etc) is pretty much upper solo artist challenge. Sure, they can be done...but aren't usually considered popular farm camps due to extremely high risk of death...unless you're Prismatica farming Drums like a boss.

I'm sure I missed some good ones but I'm lazy. Also didn't include Cliff Golems because I find that shit infuriating. Knock yourself out though, its zero risk.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-10-2023 at 02:24 PM..
Old 01-10-2023, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Hell yeah, Toxigen you rock! Thanks!

I had also considered following my buddy Sugz's style and doing some 2nd floor PoHate for a Crown of Hatred and random stuff, but no chance I could pull it off like he does lol
Old 01-10-2023, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS South: its too bad the value of the drops have decreased a bit. This camp is pretty high risk for newcomers unless you have a pocket necro / SK friend for that dreaded CR. I still recommend any aspiring enc to do this at least once...at least get to the safe spot and successfully kill some nameds if nothing else but to simply check them off the solo artist list. Pet track to check other nameds...they may not be too far away to clear to.
I almost posted the same about the value of HS South. Too bad; it's a fun wing. A note on the nameds here, they won't double spawn except on quakes. The people who farmed this regularly (pre velious) would intentionally spawn bad named(s) in the harder camps so that they would have a higher chance of good nameds in the camps they were farming.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Once you do get dictate feel free to hit me up here or Niargil in game, il show you fellspine or if your factioned chardok stuff.
Just don't let on the big secret of how easy fellspine is.
I got 3 belts my first 8 hrs at that camp. Probably half a dozen corpses in that time,so not super high death rate even learning it
Old 01-10-2023, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you do get dictate feel free to hit me up here or Niargil in game, il show you fellspine or if your factioned chardok stuff.
Just don't let on the big secret of how easy fellspine is.
I got 3 belts my first 8 hrs at that camp. Probably half a dozen corpses in that time,so not super high death rate even learning it
Really appreciate that, thank you. It's pretty ridiculous how much Dictate is going for on Green. I saw someone selling for like 28k yesterday -_-
Old 01-10-2023, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really appreciate that, thank you. It's pretty ridiculous how much Dictate is going for on Green. I saw someone selling for like 28k yesterday -_-
Yeah but you make it back as soon as you try.