Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-24-2023, 08:44 PM
Banned

I recommended Druid only because you can make money and Druids have a wide array of playstyles, so if you aren't familiar with other classes, playing a Druid will give you plenty of experience in tons of different play styles, with the exception of melee.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

You were a necromancer, so if you dont want to solo again, be cool in groups and also have a completely different playstyle, may I offer you THE HOLIEST KNIGHT THAT ONE CAN BE!?
Old 01-25-2023, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Druids are awesome

Easiest solo to 60

If you got the stones you can solo to 60 in Kedge and it's always empty
Old 01-25-2023, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids are awesome

Easiest solo to 60

If you got the stones you can solo to 60 in Kedge and it's always empty
Keep in mind the reason people in this thread are so against druid is because the OP specifically said he wants to group more and experience that part of the game. Sure druid is great solo but that exactly what the OP said he didn't want to do.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:23 AM
Kobold

I played IKS SHD up to 38 before my long break. I don't know zones well enough to pull. At least not yet. LOL
Old 01-25-2023, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics r ez keep going until ur 20.
So I went the cleric route. Rolled a DEF CLR named Krish on Green. I will be on around 22:30 EST most nights. She's already to level three and the super awesome community of helpful players has already doted upon me.

I'll follow this advice and level to 20 and go from there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2023, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Cleric is extremely easy. To the point of being boring at times. (Excluding raids, where you do a cleric chain, which is really fun). I wouldn’t worry about being unfamiliar with the game. You’re job will be to basically remain in one spot and just keep people alive. There are the occasional moments where it gets chaotic, but those are far outweighed by the times you sit there watching Netflix and throwing out the occasional CH.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget root. Calm. And atone. Can reset mobs )
Old 01-26-2023, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Eventually soloing will get slow but the nice thing is a cleric plus one is basically a decent group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . I’d do HK goblins in your mid 20’s and get to killing guards and sell the fine steel. It’s a decent way to make some platinum. Killing stuff that drops stuff you can readily sell nearby.
Old 01-26-2023, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Just be warned that just because your a cleric don't mean you'll find groups automatically too ;D

On Green at least my mains a Cleric, and I always

A. suffered to find groups just as much as any class
B. when I was in a raiding guild I was really not needed as green and that guild had an extraordinary surplus of clerics. They preferred I bring monk instead, and I couldn't get the cleric to get into much content due to the massive amount of them showing up everywhere. Its very competitive being a cleric, which makes one of the easier epics on paper a lot harder on green since the lines of clerics go around the block

Its still a great class though, and I actually like when someone is looking for a rez and ill swap over to do it for them