Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Orc

Post Hello. <3 Felt like I should make one now that I've settled

Hello! I've been on the server for probably ... less than a month or so. Mostly, I end up playing solo or keep roleplay on. This obviously doesn't lend itself to making friends and acquaintances, so I thought I'd make a post here to alleviate some of that. I'm a very social person, but I tend to do most of my activities alone unless prodded.

First things first, I'm completely new to EQ. No previous experience with any iteration. I was drawn to p99 for the classic experience. I'm a WoW refugee and I much preferred their classic, so it naturally ended up with me looking for similarly "difficult/old" classic stuff. It probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is what it is.

This is actually my second account here. I spent the last few weeks trying a lot of different toons/playstyles/and generally familiarizing myself with some of the zones. I actually made a rant/flame thing about some of my experience with those first few toons [which I'll edit in whenever it's approved/or check my post history]. I needed a clean start.

I very much prefer support roles. Paladin/Cleric/Druid/Shaman have appealed to me the most. If I'm not playing one of those, then Necromancer is my absolute prized class. I absolutely love everything about them. I'm so drawn to them that I've made three so far. I haven't gotten one to the point where I can play them as support in groups, however.

My highest toons were Necromancer and Druid at ~27-29.
---

Anyway, that's me. I'm now looking to outstretch my arms and explore the server's community. I am not interested in a guild at this time [honestly discord is enough for now], but that doesn't mean I don't want to make friends. I'm a little unfamiliar with grouping and it's a shame; I seek to remedy this.

I'll edit my toon names into my signature at some point, but for now I'll leave them here in case someone wants to hit me up in game. I'll also leave my discord. [always looking for new p99 disc servers btw <3]
---
[order prob means nothing, but it's my current preference]

Sahsai - 10 Erudite Necromancer [she's my main squeeze, i believe]
Inuhi - 3 Dark Elf Cleric
Inuzi - 7 Half-Elf Ranger
Mahsai - 5 Erudite Wizard

DISCORD: Sisythi#8360
Old 02-05-2023, 01:02 PM
Orc

[cough] on green [cough]
Old 02-05-2023, 10:33 PM
Aviak

That's awesome you are very welcome and i hope you find a niche with a couple lowbies to immerse yourself in the game ��
Old 02-05-2023, 10:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1479 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's awesome you are very welcome and i hope you find a niche with a couple lowbies to immerse yourself in the game ��
I appreciate that. I've met a few others who are completely new like me. WoW is leaking subs, so probably going to be more as their new xpac progresses.

This game is quite a blessing. <3
Old 02-06-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Glad you are having fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Melees are a more fun with some gear. Even if mainly to look the part. Having a higher necro and Druid is smart.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:23 AM
Banned

Great having you.

We wage a constant war with those who want a more TLP style custom experience. They are fewer in numbers these days, but still an issue.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:05 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great having you.

We wage a constant war with those who want a more TLP style custom experience. They are fewer in numbers these days, but still an issue.
p99 is relatively safe for their niche. Only thing missing is some QoL that isn't "classic", which I totes understand why it isn't here. For more ... hardcore mmo lovers this is definitely the only server. Even for others, this is the easiest to find/join imo. A lot of people will end up here first if they don't go to the progression live servers.

I'm quite enjoying myself. I can't wait to be useful in groups and develop relationships with others. I feel almost like a pariah.

It's either I'm overly spoiled by incredibly kind/generous people or put in a box of "this is just a noob/will probably quit soon". It's weird.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:47 AM
Orc

Level 25 Necro now [ikno as if anyone cares]

Any cheap af gear recommendations? Got a little plat saved so going over guides and window shopping.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisythi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 25 Necro now [ikno as if anyone cares]

Any cheap af gear recommendations? Got a little plat saved so going over guides and window shopping.
Don't buy gear for a necro.

Buy spells.

And camp gear. I wouldn't bother going after specific stuff until your 50+
Old 02-10-2023, 09:01 AM
Orc

I want shinies. And ye, kinda forced into buying spells for exorbitant amounts since I can't get any of the pages to drop.

Is cheap [~100pp] +mana+hp gear not worth it? I feel like it helps a lot for holding larger camps.

Anything specific that every necro would/should have that is easily campable by said necro?