Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-15-2023, 02:30 PM
Large Rat

Post Starting next month

TLDR: how long does a PoF/PoH raid take on P99

I plan on starting up a P99 toon next month, in the mean time I feel like I have read every single page of the wiki, and I have a few silly questions.

First, about me: I played EQ not quite from beginning but before Kunark to shortly after OOW release. Causally at first, then hardcore during Luclin/PoP and beyond before moving to EQ2, WoW, AoC, Vanguard, and DDO. In EQ I had my main at max level and who knows how many AA’s, one “serious” alt around level 60, and maybe 2 more toy twink alts lvl 30-50. My first raid was Vox and I left when my guild was doing Rathe Council. I won’t say I did EVERYTHING in between, but I did a lot of it.

I don’t live for raiding but it is part of the game and i would like to get to do at least some low level raids. The problem is of course that I’m in my 40s and married etc. I will probably have a couple hours to play a few nights a week and maybe once a month a shot at a 4-5 hour stretch.

Is it correct to assume that Blue has a more active raiding scene, or if not more active maybe more efficient?
Old 02-20-2023, 05:37 PM
Aviak

I’ve only done a little raiding, coincidentally only the shorter ones. Plane of fear is very short. Maybe 40 minutes or so. The hard part about P99 raiding isn’t how long the raids are, it’s the immediacy that’s the problem. The guilds compete for kills, so you get batcalls to rush over o raid as soon as possible. Some raids are scheduled in advance, like halls of testing, and that ones no longer than 3 hours.

If you don’t have huge amounts of time to devote to this game, you need to play a class that can jump in and play, without depending on grouping. Necro is a good class for that, and their twitching is used in raids. Druids just become port bots for raids. Don’t even think about Mages.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:09 PM
Banned

Plane of Fear is probably the shortest out of all the early Planes.

Like an hour.

Plane of Hate is probably next.

Plane of Sky probably takes the longest. Clearing all Islands can take 3 hours or so (at a casual pace)

It all depends how far you go with it too.

Sometimes guilds don't feel like/or don't have the opportunity/ability to clear everything, so they may only go to Island 4 in PoS for instance.

It really depends, but I'd say on average maybe 2 or 3 hours.
Old 02-20-2023, 08:09 PM
Large Rat

Honestly that’s all great news to me. I was a DE Necro main from classic until I quit after LDoN/OOW, I remember twitching my way through raids and healing mod-rodders on the side with shadowbond etc, every once in a while I even got to use my debuff s on high MR mobs lol. I will absolutely be rolling an Iksar Necro although I’m not sure it will be my main.

I won’t be rushing to cap to raid, there are plenty of zones that I never even got visit because I was too busy raiding and all my alts were just twinked and PLd in the same few zones. I just wanted to know that after I have my fun exploring there will be a chance to raid from time to time as well.