Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think we are sticking with Blue. A nice vet gave my son a few great pieces so we decided to stay Blue.

Both servers have a great community. Ive met nothing but nice/helpful people on both. As for red (pvp)...I love pvp but im no good at it. I still have fun at it anyway...but i prefer battlegrounds type of pvp. Solo...or one on one...im like a chick in the wild (a blind hobbled chick).

If anyone sees a paladin ( cant remember my sons characters name) and a Cleric (Mahlach ) or Druid (Wookin) running from a train...(or sees our bodies)..that will be us.

And...I was going cleric but im finding Druid to be more helpful to our duo. Both are lvl 8 but Im more helpful in battle with my druid.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:55 PM
Orc

I played the original game on Lanys T'Vyl back in 2000-2004, and came back to try this out just 9 days ago. I came to Green because it was the newest and I figured it would someday get the Velious added anyway.

After 2 days struggling to set up the UI (which was no fun), I have played since a couple of hours per day as a new monk.

Contrary to what someone above said, I have found Green very friendly. Complete strangers buff you as they run by. One person gave me a few pieces of cured silk armour as they passed. Another gave me new weapon to upgrade the starter Club (which was taking me ages to kill things at level 5). And the whole feeling of the place seems positive.

Yes, it is getting harder at times to find things to kill in East Commons, but I need to do some research and move somewhere else, or join a few groups, or similar. And who knows, maybe it is not so pleasent later, but so far this is fine.

So from that brief experience, I can only suggest Green seems fine to me.

~Feanturil
Level 9 Monk.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:27 PM
Skeleton

mew
Old 03-01-2021, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it is getting harder at times to find things to kill in East Commons
Wait until you get to South Karana in your 30's. Do not recommend. That is, unless you like to play from 2am-7am

The problem with Green is definitely not the community in regards to friendliness, it's the community in regards to CROWDING. What I've gotten the habit of doing is thinking of the best possible exp and pp locations for a given level range. Then thinking of the second best. Then the third best. Then going with none of those and actually going to check the 10th best to see if it's open. That is unless you plan to play from 2am-7am
Old 03-05-2021, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Druid, Cleric, Pal those are some rough duo’s. You sure one of you doesn’t wNt to play a shaman or enchanter at least?
Old 03-05-2021, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbegger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think we are sticking with Blue. A nice vet gave my son a few great pieces so we decided to stay Blue.

Both servers have a great community. Ive met nothing but nice/helpful people on both. As for red (pvp)...I love pvp but im no good at it. I still have fun at it anyway...but i prefer battlegrounds type of pvp. Solo...or one on one...im like a chick in the wild (a blind hobbled chick).

If anyone sees a paladin ( cant remember my sons characters name) and a Cleric (Mahlach ) or Druid (Wookin) running from a train...(or sees our bodies)..that will be us.

And...I was going cleric but im finding Druid to be more helpful to our duo. Both are lvl 8 but Im more helpful in battle with my druid.

Thanks again everyone.
Druid + Paladin will be rough. You can go to zones where there are animals to charm, though. Your son will have to swallow his pride and become more of a bodyguard for you...but if he's ok doing that the XP will fly by.

Good practice is in your high teens / low 20s doing crocs in Oasis. You basically keep a charm pet going, engage another mob, break charm when your pet gets low, etc. The Paladin will be there to assist when charms break and to help finish off low mobs.

PM me if you want some help getting started.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Whichever classes you settle on will be fine. Don’t shy away from adding a third companion to your adventures when convenient. Let the game come as it will, it’s definitely more fun as an adventure than grind to max level.

Benefit of the good/good combo is you should be welcome in the same cities and can explore and set up home bases from.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a MASSIVE load of shit and you know it. Suggesting that a casual-palying father and son stand ANY CHANCE of PVPing against the horde of deleveled NTOV twinks is absolute horseshit.

Then again I'm sure you know that.
Horde of deleveled NTOV twinks?? LOL what the fuck server you talking about? Pretty obvious you've never played on Red.

You will be LUCKY if you even experience PVP before lvl 50. Didn't you know? Red is the casual server. Easy grinding, open camps, no competition.

Horde of NTOV twinks....what a load o' shit! LMAO! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Last edited by Old_PVP; 03-05-2021 at 11:46 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

I only play Red anymore... I tried green but I'm not a fan of waiting lists and XPing at shit camps with no coin or drops because everything is taken.

I'm leveling a new toon currently level 34 and only PvP'd twice, both of which I engaged.

My Necro had PvP maybe a dozen times leveling to 56 and I think I actually died to PvP maybe twice?

Red is where its at. If you are pushing into my camp I can PvP you, if I travel across the world to a camp and its taken I can PvP you, if you talk in OOC too much I can PvP you. If you are in my guild always asking for ports and handouts and saying things like "OOOOOH I COULD REALLY USE THAT" when someone links ToV loot but you are like level 12, guess what? I can PvP you.

Join red.
Last edited by filthyphil; 03-08-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Despite red being eagerly waiting for the 2.0 version, it is where I would be playing right now if I had the time. Filthyphil is right.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread