Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-27-2021, 07:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Original UI background?

Hi all!! I'm trying to see if there's a way to restore the original gray stone looking background on all the windows on the UI. My spellbound has is, the smooth gray stone look, but the inventory window never did when I logged in. I play on green if that matters. If I recall, when I started in kunark all the windows had this nice looking stone background. My right click options don't seem to do anything except allow my to change the colors, texture only flips from the chosen color back to transparent. I did peek around to try and find this before posting but I didn't see anything.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

This is likely not possible. Custom UIs do not work on Green
Old 01-28-2021, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Back when Green was first announced, a brave group of P99ers saw that the staff was going to use a non-classic UI, and they rebelled! They caused such a fuss that the staff agreed to let them make a classic UI ... and that's how we got the UI everyone knows (and loves?) on Green.

That UI was based on a classic UI, but it wasn't one most people knew, because you had to hit F10 (or something) to see it in the original software. Instead, most people know the "gray stone" UI, which you mentioned.

As I recall, the "UI warriors" wanted to go with a stone UI originally ... but couldn't make it work with Titanium (and the much greater resolutions that people play at today). However, I believe they got as far as a first draft of it, before giving up and building the current one.

I'd talk to them (I believe Jibartik was on the UI team? Can't remember who else, but a forum search should turn it up). See if you can get their half-done stone theme, and if you can somehow make it work (on Blue; as noted you can't do custom UIs on Green) I think you'd have a pretty good chance of the staff making it an official Green UI ...

... but if all our great "UI warriors" couldn't make it work, just know that it will be an uphill battle.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Just found this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_UI

It explains what I just said better (with pictures) ... and also at the bottom it has a link to the forum thread of those "UI Warriors" I mentioned.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-28-2021 at 03:02 PM..