Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a MASSIVE load of shit and you know it. Suggesting that a casual-palying father and son stand ANY CHANCE of PVPing against the horde of deleveled NTOV twinks is absolute horseshit.

Then again I'm sure you know that.
Dang dude you musta last played red99 in 2015 or something and been bind camped down 4 levels. I can solo to 50 without even typing /enter and would probably see pvp 5% of time or less. Meanwhile 100% of all mobs are up. By the time NTOV came out no one but the psychoest path was bothering with a 10th alt twink PK there is no one to hunt at all.

I wish Pivo was full of shit, I really do. But red is the most normal and carebear server offered by project 1999 right now because the extreme psychopath skuzzlord RMT blooming onion permapharmers EQ-for-a-living guys are not spending time there at all. The 60 people still playing really are having a good time. The 300+ people not playing are waiting for a new server with eager anticipation but current red99 offers good questing for anyone who likes everquest.

If you're a legit new player going through the grind on red99 eventually someone is going to dump a huge pile of gear on you. There is a major backlog of gear that has no economy to sell. If it isn't all sold to vendors which it probably mostly is, there are guild and personal banks just bursting at the seams at this point. No exaggeration. Its basically just a matter of time before some guild tries to be in your good graces because they need some more warm bodys. PVP can still happen level 1-56 but when it does its like a quaint homage to better times of olde.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 02-21-2021 at 06:11 AM..
Old 02-21-2021, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dang dude you musta last played red99 in 2015 or something and been bind camped down 4 levels. I can solo to 50 without even typing /enter and would probably see pvp 5% of time or less. Meanwhile 100% of all mobs are up. By the time NTOV came out no one but the psychoest path was bothering with a 10th alt twink PK there is no one to hunt at all.

I wish Pivo was full of shit, I really do. But red is the most normal and carebear server offered by project 1999 right now because the extreme psychopath skuzzlord RMT blooming onion permapharmers EQ-for-a-living guys are not spending time there at all. The 60 people still playing really are having a good time. The 300+ people not playing are waiting for a new server with eager anticipation but current red99 offers good questing for anyone who likes everquest.

If you're a legit new player going through the grind on red99 eventually someone is going to dump a huge pile of gear on you. There is a major backlog of gear that has no economy to sell. If it isn't all sold to vendors which it probably mostly is, there are guild and personal banks just bursting at the seams at this point. No exaggeration. Its basically just a matter of time before some guild tries to be in your good graces because they need some more warm bodys. PVP can still happen level 1-56 but when it does its like a quaint homage to better times of olde.
So how are druids on red? Porting for self-sufficiency, charming or kiting for soloing, tracking, resist buffs and blind for PVP when it DOES happen...decent package?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

The PvP all happens at 50+, really high 50's. If you want to have camps to yourself, solo, and level up blindingly fast on a P99 server, red is where its at.

If you want to join pickup groups as you level at all phases of the game, green is where its at.

If you want to raid....well buyer beware its a bit tense on P99. But at the moment blue is probably best due to cleric epics and just a larger amount of raid content. This time next year it will be more of a toss up between blue/green raiding.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

If your primary goal is to duo with your son, go Blue. Green is only good if you want to get items that no longer drop on Blue.

Blue will have cheap items, and there are certainly still plenty of lower level players to group with. It will be less than Green, but it is not anything to worry about. You also have more quests and zones to enjoy as you progress.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:36 PM
Kobold

try red
Old 02-21-2021, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

As someone who never put a lot of time in on blue but has put insane amounts in on Green I wish I was on blue. Green is fun for having groups at all levels and a relatively calm economy outside some items it’s not good for much else. There are so many players clogging up every zone and camp it can be hard to do some stuff. If I could transfer the characters and plat I’ve built up on green to blue I would in a heartbeat and never look back.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Its honestly not THAT bad to start over you just have to set your mind to it, especially with all the gear on blue. If you aren't happy on green then letting sunk cost fallacy keep you stuck there doesn't help anything.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to play blue but not sure enough to make the jump. Enjoy velious early access and camping walruses in eastern wastes.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I gave Red an honest try not too long ago. Started an enchanter, got to level 9. What scared me off was some dude getting repeatedly killed (PvP deaths are announced server-wide). I even said something in OOC (also server-wide) along the lines of "maybe that dude has had enough?" and the response I got was "nah".

I just got to thinking I probably won't have a good time later on, with many folks on the server sweating magic resistance out of their pores and not caring about ganking a helpless enchanter (which is already not a PvP class to begin with).

On top of that, I have a dream to one day see raid content and I was essentially told that I would never get to see them on Red.

I'd be open to giving it a try again but those are the issues I currently have.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who never put a lot of time in on blue but has put insane amounts in on Green I wish I was on blue. Green is fun for having groups at all levels and a relatively calm economy outside some items it’s not good for much else. There are so many players clogging up every zone and camp it can be hard to do some stuff. If I could transfer the characters and plat I’ve built up on green to blue I would in a heartbeat and never look back.
^
This

If you rolled a soloer like me, there is literally no benefit to Green and a dozen drawbacks, mostly quality of life stuff

It is even crowded enough that I find it actually messing up my sleep schedule. I’ll stay up later than I normally would because often the only way you can get a good exp spot is during late hours

But I also feel committed in Green, and part of me is hoping as awareness spreads more and more people get sick of the competition for spots and migrate to Blue
Closed Thread