Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 10:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Player to P99 here :)

heya everyone! My name is DezzDezz, a level 3 gnome mage on the Green server. I played on Live way back in the day on Bertoxx and have been craving the good old days. Anyone have any advice for a new player here, and possibly any guilds that are accepting new players?

I'm loving it here so far and look forward to seeing you guys in game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dezzdezz on the Green server.
*edit
I played very briefly on blue a while back. very hard solo haha
Old 03-02-2021, 11:21 PM
Banned

Mash your face into walls and spin the camera a bit and you can see through them as a gnome, they call it gnomevision. Helpful when in dungeons, you can see other areas of the dungeon and know what spawns are up in the next room, etc

Medicine bags. Cracked staffs. Kill humanoids to get that full set of cloth. Next step up from that is damask silk I believe. That’s off the top of my head. You typically only need 1 type of pet per level range, not all of them. If planning to stay in an area a while, it will eventually be worth it to keep resummoning a pet until you get the highest level 1 (they have a +-4 range). It makes a huge diff on solo’ing. So buy lots of pet summoning components. Give your pet a 2handed weapon, and it’s damage will go up significantly until level 20ish. I believe this works for mage pets? I know it does for necro and enc. Your pet will take 50% of the exp if it does more than 50% of the damage unless you are grouped. At low levels it won’t be practical from a mana standpoint to try to prevent this always. Even taking some of the exp, low level mage pets are such a killing machine you will be out-leveling everyone anyway. But at higher levels it might start to matter
Last edited by unsunghero; 03-02-2021 at 11:32 PM..
Old 03-03-2021, 12:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you so much! Soaking in all of that info haha
Old 03-03-2021, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

I'd recommend learning to use the wiki extensively. I would check out the guides section for relevant guides first.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I thought at first you had a level 99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm new here too, by the way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2021, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Gnomes have one of the best starting areas. It may be easy to not believe so. But once you find out the places to go its a good intro to EQ. It may sometimes be misleading that there is nothing out there.

Gnomes are awesome. I think some people may not like to play gnome due to insecurities or Wow gnomes. Luckily I don't because I love being gnomes.

Just watch out for Mino hero. He has a set path and only roams after the mino caves.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome start area is beautiful as is the rest of faydwer.

Gnomes are good but they’re a high thread confirmed PK race on pvp so watch out haha
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:06 AM
Kobold

If you can get to EC tunnel, you can bum buffs from people, and powerlevel right outside the tunnel. Some of the fastest xp around. Basically like having a powerlevel service for the price of being a dirty little begger.

-Donald Trump
Old 03-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Dang if donald trump ever said something clever like that quote I'd probably feel a lot better about him.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread