Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-18-2023, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize! I came back into this from the "New Posts" link, not noticing that it was in the bugs forum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To clarify, my post (for what I thought was the general forum) was trying to say:
  • A) Nilbog doesn't seem to care what the peanut gallery thinks
  • B) Bug fix priority is determined without any communication (presumably because of A)
  • C) Bug fix priority can (and often does) suggest bias

When C happens, and there's no dev communication (B), it's normal/logical for people to discuss the possibility of bias ... (which Nilbog himself would presumably ignore, per A) ...

... but again, all of that was in the abstract! This discussion clearly doesn't belong in a bug thread, and again I apologize for not noticing the forum when I posted. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be great if bug fixes that don’t already have a forum thread get one for transparency describing the previous state, the evidence the staff found to support the change and what the change is.

It is very frustrating to try work on further investigating a fix when there isn’t any documentation of evidence.

Just imo,
I’m grateful for whatever work is done, tbh, even when it leaves me scratching my head.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-18-2023, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be great if bug fixes that don’t already have a forum thread get one for transparency describing the previous state, the evidence the staff found to support the change and what the change is.

It is very frustrating to try work on further investigating a fix when there isn’t any documentation of evidence.

Just imo,
I’m grateful for whatever work is done, tbh, even when it leaves me scratching my head.
^ 100%
Old 05-19-2023, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe the fact the devs decided to not release any of their source could have facilitated the Daybreak agreement and if Daybreak did wish to redo old zones. If p99 source was in the wild there would be no need to negotiate with p99 devs at all.
RogBog may have been coveting their dev work (and rightly so!) and had no intention to share with anyone and the Daybreak agreement was a fluke. Or, they coulda been on the long game from the beginning.
All of that is pure speculation and could be completely wrong of course. Either way, the p99 project at least in whatever form it takes seems safe from imminent clusure. Yippie.
Last edited by Duik; 05-19-2023 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Speeling
Old 05-19-2023, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rygar, you're all about evidence, right? Well, there's a wealth of evidence that Nilbog favors/disfavors certain classes with the classic fixes he does/doesn't make.

Now, does that prove that (say) Nilbog <3's Enchanters and hates Mages? No, it absolutely doesn't! The seeming disparity could absolutely be explained by something else reasonable, like that some bugs are harder to fix than others.

But (as Croco noted) in the absence of any communication whatsoever from the dev team, literally all we have to go by is evidence. If Nilbog gave a flying Dutchman what any of us thought, he could dispell any false impressions with a single post ...

... but he doesn't, and so I'm convinced he simply doesn't care what we think. So, again, that just leaves us with the evidence we can see.
Trolling bug reports? This post is about mages and pet summoning. Maybe keep the staff bashing and complaining to the wiki in your sig?
Old 05-19-2023, 10:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolling bug reports? This post is about mages and pet summoning. Maybe keep the staff bashing and complaining to the wiki in your sig?
This was already addressed and clarified by loramin three posts later.
Old 05-19-2023, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This^

Keep the "enchanters here ain't classic" stuff to the 147 threads about the subject, none of which have any evidence mind you.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:12 PM
Kobold

Yeah, It would nice to see one of the Devs say something in this thread. Even a, "No we're not going to fix this," would be better than nothing. However, I could understand why they haven't. It's kind of a major issue that require a lot of work to fix. There's something like 4000 threads to look through and only 2 dudes in their spare time to work on it. It's understandable that they haven't gotten around to this one yet.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While researching something else, I ran across hard evidence for mage pet chaining immediately pulling aggro.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The conclusion here is that pet aggro dies with the pet and isn't transferred to the mage (just like charm).

This is from page 233 of the Ruins of Kunark strategy guide- definitely in-era.
Look at the "reddit account" who denied this and started this discussion

For your own notes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2023, 11:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at the "reddit account" who denied this and started this discussion
For your own notes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an odd reply to my post.
I'm not sure what reddit account I'm supposed to be looking for. Care to clarify?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:22 PM
Banned

ur not OP