Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-24-2023, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Default Trap Wire (East Freeport)

https://web.archive.org/web/20030115...h.shtml?zone=1

Quote:
New MOB ? Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Oct 9th 3:39 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Was taking my Erudite Necro down to the basement for training at the Necro/SK guild. This thing called a trap wire snared me and hit me

for a few 205's
and I was dead. It was also invised I couldn't see it and did not have time to con it to see what lvl range it might be.
Quote:
RE: New MOB ? Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, Oct 21st 7:27 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Went back with my DE SK. Same result at his Lvl 47. Trap wire took him out pretty quickly after I got rooted. I couldn't target it to

attack, so it's got to be a trap and not a Mob.
Oh the excitement.

My friend took her Human Necro in and it didn't attack her so I'm guessing it may have racial or Diety based triggers??
Quote:
Glad someone noticed Reply... By: Sanguinius,
89 posts
Posted @ Tue, Oct 30th 12:18 PM 2001 Score: Decent[2.83]
I ran into the Trap Wire when I created a evil Human Enchanter in FP. If you go into the first inn door on top (their should be an

Innkeeper inside), the stairs going down lead to the trap wire.
It might not have attacked your necro, but my Enchanter didn't seem to

share that immunity.

I'm guessing something along the line that it doesn't attack Necro's only, or maybe even as specific as Human Necros of Innoruuk or

something. Kind of stupid since it was my guild house and all.
Quote:
RE: Glad someone noticed Reply... By: Shadowbuddha,
3 posts
Posted @ Tue, Nov 6th 4:03 AM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
I started a new human Necro in order to get a spell from there for one of my main's quests. The Necro was lvl 2 when I tried to take him

to the guild. I got smoked by the Trap Wire for 160 pts, which was more than enough. Lucky I didn't take my main.
Quote:
RE: Glad someone noticed Reply... By: Kajsa,
7 posts
Posted @ Wed, Feb 20th 11:57 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]
The trap wire got me too. Level 20 human shadow knight of Bertoxxulous, in FP to train double attack and buy spells ahead of time for

22. It held me with Entrapping Roots. I thought maybe I would Shadow Step away from it but no luck. It cast Scourge on me, then left me

alone and cast buffs on itself
while I stood there dying, trying to bind wounds against the dot.

Ironically, I had passed the soulbinder and thought, nah, nothing is going to happen to me here. So starting back in OT for the CR. Not

much fun!
Quote:
Saw it casting. Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Oct 20th 3:39 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]

It might be a trap.. odd that its there though.

I saw it say as I walked around in there

"A trap wire begins to cast a spell"

but never saw it nor got snared/killed as you did. It looked just like other messages of people casting.

I guess I was lucky it did not... odd....

I've been there a lot and only noticed it lately along with some new guy being there, a half elf in velious looking type armor (leather?) not

listed here named

Thiryn Dernus

He was blue to my 37 cleric dark elf who is in good with about all of freeport and the sewers now, and indiff. He seems to have been in

only since that trip wire message though I have no idea what either is for. He does not respond to hails and every so often he takes off

running and opening doors, runs out around in the slum area, opens another door and comes back down through the secret wall to his

original position.
I tried hailing him while running also.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020601...eeportmap.html

21:07:35 Jun 01, 2002

Quote:
12 Inn - secret entrance to the underground tunnels with Necromancer, Shadow Knight, and Rogue guilds, as well as Guildmaster for the

other classes for evil races guarded by Trap Wire

https://web.archive.org/web/20030605...00903542259979

Quote:
Trap Wire Reply...
Posted @ Sat, Dec 22nd 10:37 AM 2001
By: Anonymous
Score: Default [2.00]
That trap wire is infact a trap, as a lvl 58 rogue wandering EFP looking for trouble i tracked down that "a trap wire begins to cast a spell" message. What i found was that guy (Thiryn Dernus) curled up on a bed. i was hiding and sneaking and he was green and indifferent. all of a sudden the trap went off and triggered him running out of the buildings one door, and down another all the way to the dismal rage peeps. he didn't agro on me like i orignaly thought, it was just the trap going off on me that triggered him running.

When the trap is set off, Thiryn jumps up startled and yells something at you like 'AHHH! you wont get away with this attempt you assassin, thief... whatever you are! the dismal rage will hear about this!'
the trap continued casting nasty spells on me most of witch i resisted untill i was able to detect it and then disarm it (disarming it causes it to despawn, and seems to keep Thiryn from laying back down).

I'll look into this farther, and see if i can disarm the trap before it alerts Mr. Thiryn Dernus and actualy hail him while he's sleeping

Gisher Spinefisher
Lvl 58 Blackguard of the Noble Lions
Tarrew Mar
Quote:
2 Replies
RE: Trap Wire Reply...
Posted @ Wed, Jan 9th 8:35 PM 2002
By: duveen
Scholar
23 posts
Score: Decent [3.00]
I am considering creating my first evil character, probably a gnome or DE necro. Thus, I am searching for info on how hard it is to move through city zones that are hard to avoid for banking, food, spells, etc. (Freeport and Qeynos mostly) My specific question regarding this trap area is whether it is near the stairs that lead to the Seafarer's Roost in East Freeport or the stairs that lead to the empty building with an oven outside. Can the trap area be bypassed altogether by using another entry point?

Should you wish to pass on wisdom about evil character movement in general, that would also be most welcome. Thanks all.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020619...3744291&zone=1

Quote:
Thiryn Dernus, half elf velious leather? By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Oct 20th 3:43 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]

Some new guy, a half elf in velious (leather?) looking armor, not listed here named

Thiryn Dernus

is now in the east freep sewers near that barbarian warrior trainer and some necro trainers/spell sellers.

He was blue to my 37 cleric dark elf who is in good with about all of freeport and the sewers now, and indiff although all the other sewer types are kindly or ally. He seems to have been in only since that "trip wire is casting" message though I have no idea what either is for (some guy said he was snared and killed by the trip wire but I've never had it cast on me)

He does not respond to hails and every so often he takes off running and opening doors, runs out around in the slum area, opens another door and comes back down through the secret wall to his original position. I tried hailing him while running with him also but it did not help. I gave him a piece of junk and after that a coin, in both cases he also does not give any kind of "thanks.. I guess.. " or such negative message nor does he do or say anything.
Quote:
[RE: Thiryn Dernus, half elf velious leather? Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Oct 20th 5:17 AM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]

Oh and he drops (could not resist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Thiryn Dernus' Ledger
weight 2.0
NO DROP, LORE

It looks like the bard letter graphic and doesn't open up to read or anything when you right click.
Obviously it is for some quest and he runs around the slum area because some classes/races could not attack him in sewer without being visible to the dismal rage people, of course.
https://web.archive.org/web/20050516...ne=29&mob=7930

07:49:48 May 17, 2002

Quote:
Thiryn Dernus
28 Voleur Demi Elfe

https://web.archive.org/web/20050829...h.shtml?zone=1

Quote:
Thiryn Dernus, still wondering about him? Anyone seen lately Reply...
Posted @ Tue, May 20th 12:40 AM 2003
By: natsuko
Scholar
1062 posts
Score: Decent [3.01]

This guy used to hang around down in the dismal rage trainer area, near the barbarian warrior trainer. He'd occasionally leave and walk around the freeport slums area past the dwarf and other guy for the warrior epic.

I killed him on about four characters, posting about it below. He dropped a no drop "Thiryn Dernus' ledger." He was around back in the days when I still remember seing a message about a tripwire casting (since removed also I guess)

So I have those items in bank and no idea what the heck they are for. The only thing I could think of back then is that maybe they had something to do with the primordial malice people in rathe mountains who all had broken quests, those people were eventually removed and I think he disappeared around the same time.

Just one of those mysteries, I guess.

----------------------------
Kylathia, 59 Night Elven Priestess, Blackhand
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?8783
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-24-2023 at 11:14 AM..
Old 05-25-2023, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020208....html?zstrat=1

Quote:
A trip wire Reply... By: lauraterese,
4 posts
Posted @ Mon, Nov 5th 9:01 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
I took my baby wizard (5) over to the inn, planning on going downstairs to find some secret entrance. A trip wire was activating in the

background. With just little effort, I managed to get close enough to be killed by its 220 pts dmg. I got my corpse, and tried the vacant

bldg. I wandered around searching for the entrance when I saw A trip wire was activating. I ran screaming like a little girl. What am I

doing wrong? I see no reference to that thing anywhere, and I truly want to go below. Is there another entrance below the tavern that isn't

booby-trapped? Any help would be appreciated.

Iiza &
Shantana of Druzil Ro

https://web.archive.org/web/20020302...&pg=1&sortby=2

Quote:
Submited by: Titanas On: 10/22/2001 5:46:25 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Was wondering around east FP while I was above the armory store just as you zone in from west FP you know over by the Rin

Distilmore ot something, well I was up stairs looking at what venders have and I saw in blue text jsut like how normal NPC's cast "A

Trip Wire begins to cast a spell"

if any one knows what this is I would like to know
Old 08-13-2023, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20011226...art=21&stop=33

Quote:
Rorne
(12/8/01 12:39:56 am)
Re: faction
Just becareful following that guy in EFP around, he runs down to a room that has that trap wire in it, damn thing rooted me, feared me and I took a total of 1200+ damage and somehow died (even though I was full hp which was 1600 at the time) ended up having to get a GM rez :P

https://web.archive.org/web/20021107...icID=102.topic

Quote:
Ruthey
Boardfellow
(1/2/02 3:59:40 pm)
Reply Re: Any events lately?
Nothing has come of this, and maybe this is just normal, but I was in Felwithe and Bardo in EFP and kept hearing "a trap wire casts a spell."

Dunno what this means...

https://web.archive.org/web/20020221...cID=3933.topic

Quote:
Kethryn Mooshkicker
(1/27/02 4:22:02 pm)
Reply Before Green/Iksar in EJ and other weirdness
was hunting the corrupt gorilla the other day and during one of the pulls they got an iksar. It died so fast I didn't get its name (I was killing something else and the chanter just nuked it to death) so the truncated name was "An Iksar Tomb's corpse" it had a Lore book called Before Green (which I've caught bits and pieces at Allakhazam regarding some rare books or something)

I couldn't find any information on the Iksar mob (cept that is wasn't very tough)...and why it had the book anyone have ideas?

and as long as I'm posting here...The other day snooping in EFP I followed an npc named Thiryn Dernus from the sk guild into a house...further snooping revealed a dorf corpse (Evac's corpse...a hint?) and a trap wire with a snare and nuke till yer dead trap (I didn't die :b )
Edited by: Kethryn Mooshkicker at: 1/27/02 4:25:32 pm