Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-20-2022, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im wondering if we're going to get a withdrawl before winter, maybe being optimistic.
Probably not. That's my bet. I think Russia is hoping the winter will get really bad in Europe and cause them to lighten up sanctions in exchange for gas.

Or something to that effect.

If I ran the US, I'd start drilling in Alaska and exporting a metric-fuckton of oil to Europe.

But that's just me. Then Germany could depend 100% on me for gas and then I'll start a war in Ukraine and Germany would be like "WTF!?? Really?! Again??"

Then I would say "Pranked ya, buddy!"

Then we would laugh and grab a doner kebab or whatever the fuck the Krauts eat
Old 09-20-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

If i ran the US Id immediately nationalize the oil reserves and then do the same.

Then i'd hang a lot of bankers.

Ok maybe not the last part.

maybe...
Old 09-20-2022, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Russia is getting their ass kicked super hard right now.

Its either going to be a loss and withdrawal or a major escalation, probably a loss though IMO!
My bet is on escalation, considering one of the big reasons (if not THE big reason) is that the U.S. is supplying Ukraine with state-of-the-art weaponry.

The U.S. is a part of this war by proxy and don't think for a moment Russia isn't seething at it.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably not. That's my bet. I think Russia is hoping the winter will get really bad in Europe and cause them to lighten up sanctions in exchange for gas.

Or something to that effect.

If I ran the US, I'd start drilling in Alaska and exporting a metric-fuckton of oil to Europe.

But that's just me. Then Germany could depend 100% on me for gas and then I'll start a war in Ukraine and Germany would be like "WTF!?? Really?! Again??"

Then I would say "Pranked ya, buddy!"

Then we would laugh and grab a doner kebab or whatever the fuck the Krauts eat
Does alaska have a lot of untapped oil? I actually don’t know the answer to this as it’s always been cheaper and easier to refine due to transport when extracted in the Permian basin
Old 09-20-2022, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Im wondering if we're going to get a withdrawl before winter, maybe being optimistic.
0%

That would result in a collapse of the Putin regime. I don’t think you can give up 50,000 lives and come away with nothing. Not even in backwards ass Russia

Also, with all the anger in the hearts of Ukrainians, if Russia withdrew to the 2014-15 lines, Ukraine would keep going all the way to their internationally recognized borders, including crimea

Russia has really fucked itself over. If they mobilize and win, every family will know how brutal the war is when they witness it themselves. And that simply prolongs sanctions indefinitely and perhaps gets other nations to join them

This is terrible PR and why leaders shit on Putin at the SCO meeting recently. You can’t convince people you’re not an orc when you’re acting like one. Either way, I agree with Dino. The winter will be interesting as it’s made no sense so far

The only real winners in this conflict so far are China, Turkey, and Central Asia. China gets a vassal with extensive natural resources, Central Asia gets more leverage to maneuver independently as Russia is distracted, and Turkey by virtue of its size and geography yet again gets to act like it’s important even though its only asset is straddling the Bosporus
Last edited by Kaveh; 09-20-2022 at 09:16 PM..
Old 09-20-2022, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
0%

That would result in a collapse of the Putin regime. I don’t think you can give up 50,000 lives and come away with nothing. Not even in backwards ass Russia

Also, with all the anger in the hearts of Ukrainians, if Russia withdrew to the 2014-15 lines, Ukraine would keep going all the way to their internationally recognized borders, including crimea
I agree with you on all counts, I kept saying that with the rhetoric of this war that there is no turning back without hanging putin.

But without invading or a civil war I could see him just going back to normal.

They live in a hypernormalized world in russia, and we've become accustomed to that too.

Quote:
The only real winners in this conflict so far are China
I BIGGLY disagree with you here, those countries all are suffering and have shit quality of lives.

The only winners are the 1%, weapons manufacturers, and the worlds bankers.

Flags dont mean S#!T
Old 09-20-2022, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I agree with you on all counts, I kept saying that with the rhetoric of this war that there is no turning back without hanging putin.

But without invading or a civil war I could see him just going back to normal.

They live in a hypernormalized world in russia, and we've become accustomed to that too.

I BIGGLY disagree with you here, those countries all are suffering and have shit quality of lives.

The only winners are the 1%, weapons manufacturers, and the worlds bankers.

Flags dont mean S#!T
Yeah I agree. I meant the CCP, the common people not so much
Old 09-20-2022, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If i ran the US Id immediately nationalize the oil reserves and then do the same.

Then i'd hang a lot of bankers.

Ok maybe not the last part.

maybe...
My friends have come up with a fun game where we each have named the country that we hypothetically run, then we flesh out ideas that we would enact. The idea is you're immediately granted full magical control over the US and you are tasked with correcting it to how you see fit. Pretty fun game actually...would be fun to play with this crowd.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Ok here's a go

Nationalize oil to pay for all this

nationalize healthcare & education

products sold in the us have to be made in the us

corporations have totally separate rights than people

heavy penalization for corporations that abuse free speech laws by promoting lies

rank choice voting

let California manage immigration and let Texas manage the border

🤔

lots more nuke power

high speed rail throughout country

TSA employs are executed (citizens are allowed to wear black hoods and perform the roll of executioner)

total ufo disclosure

goverment grants for anthropology studies

and everything else pretty much the same.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

women become subserviant of men

all religion is king james christan bible

youth camps that are like boyscoutts but....

JK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]