Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Default Make Poison GM Train(ed)?

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=8014

This forum, dated 2001, suggests that you can train Make Poison which is a 'class skill' not a tradeskill to 200 with regular Rogue GM's and 250 with with Stanos.

It's capped at 21 on Project 1999. What's the general populace say? I don't rightly know.

"Close Sledge...

Stanos is part of the Ragebringer quest. You can check the guide in the Library for info on getting him to spawn.

Do you need to be over 50? I don't know. I am so I can't say.

Do you need to do the pouch quest first? No. I never did it, I just walk up to Anson and say "I need to see Stanos" and he spawns.

As for the cap, the cap is 20 on tradeskills. Make poison is not a trade skill, it's a class skill. It can be trained to 200 at a regular trainer, and higher with Stanos.

Personally I got up to 218 this weekend and whipped up my first batch of mind melt. Nice poison there."

The discussion is interesting to say the least, many people seem to say that training to 200+ is common.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

i played a rogue on live early on and remember having to farm up tons of materials to raise the skill because I couldnt train it any more than that
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Bump - should be able to raise poison via stanos.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Orc

I was able to train poison to 80ish (ran out of points) the other night on my rog. At first I thought it was a mistake but apparently not.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Fire Giant

It was a mistake. If you log in, you will see your poison skill is back at 21. It takes your money, shows the point increasing in the window, but doesn't give you the skill points. When you camp or log they reset.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Kobold

They didn't add training your make poison skill with Stanos until around the Luclin time frame.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They didn't add training your make poison skill with Stanos until around the Luclin time frame.
No. Don't contradict a bug report with no evidence.

Quote:
Re: Guide to raising Poison Fast and Cheap!
Posted: 09-21-01, 03:46 AM

Reply With Quote #19
It's been in a number of other threads but surprisingly not this one.

Stanos can train you over 200 in make poison. He can train you all the way to 250 if your pockets are deep enough.

A lot of people are going this route once they get over 200, as it is undeniably easier, and quite likely cheaper, than making spirit of sloth.
Luclin was released 3 months later.

This wasn't a velious thing either. Poison needs to be flagged a class skill so it can be trained to 200 at ANY rogue skill trainer, and stanos should be able to take you further.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Banned

Yeah was about to say, I remember leveling up poison making on a rogue alt just for those grandmaster ranged/ammo slot whatever things around luclin/PoP that were added in for tradeskills. And yes, you can put points into a skill like make poison past 21 but they will NOT actually be there, your skill will revert soon as you relog/zone.