Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This genius cant even read the link to the international treaty from the 70s but thinks he knows it all. International bodies don't dedicate time to drawing up formal policies for complete science fiction.

But please tell us more of this inside information you are privy to. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a big difference between controlling the weather patterns and doing something that AFFECTS the weather. Let me explain (I'll try to use analogies that you can relate to).

1. Affecting the weather

One day Nihilist_santa wakes up and goes through his normal routine: he slowly lifts his face up so as to not remove any of his keyboard's keys, rolls over to his sink, gargles some listerine, swallows it because he is sick and read on yahooanswers that the alcohol in it will kill all his bad germs coursing through his veins. Next, he goes to his 3rd (and final) meat freezer where he keeps his stockpile of frozen delectables - unfortunately it's empty. "FUCKKKKKKKKK!" says he. Although Nihilist_santa could quite possibly live years off his own in vivo food stores, he decides to make his biannual trip to Wal-Mart where he buys thousands of dollars worth of hot pockets, Eggos, Ding-Dongs, Star Crunchs, and Smucker's pre-made PB&J sandwiches (with wheat bread, because he also read that was good for him).

Now (and this is where it gets interesting), before he actually leaves his home to go shopping, he manages to stand up and open the top shelf in his bathroom cabinet where he picks up a very old, dusty bottle of hair spray made in the 70's. He sprays a generous amount of it on the front of his head, so as to allow him to form "the wave" because he read on eHarmony that women like this hairdo.

Fast-forward a thousand years and a few molecules of the harmful chemicals in his hair spray bottle have managed to reach the ozone layer, knocking off an insignificant amount of ozone (where exactly this occurs we have no way of knowing), which in turn creates an insignificant sized hole (a size of which we have no way of knowing), which allows an insignificant amount of extra UV radiation (the amount of which we have know way of knowing) pass through to sea level where it burns your descendants while they are working as slaves. You have successfully affected the weather.

In other news, last time I was on a beach I took a piss in the ocean and I'm pretty sure I caused a Tsunami in Japan.

2. Controlling the weather

Do you know how many difference forces affect the weather? How many different variables there are in the world that control the things you're talking about (i.e. tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, landslides, etc...)?

If you answered yes, you're a fucking idiot. The correct answer is: no one does. We may have barely scratched the surface on little things (like the wind currents surrounding a tornado) but in the grand scheme of things, humanity is fucking clueless. We have NO idea how to manipulate weather in this manner and are a LONG time away from having the capability/power to do so.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Banned

tldr

Red Alert 2 already did this
Old 06-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Scalar weaponry invented hundred years ago by Tesla doesn't even compare to the extraterrestrial technology that the government is hiding
Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

It's foolish to underestimate how far our technology has come and how far it will go in our lifetime. The guy making huge paragraphs without factual backing of any kind made me laugh. I respect your opinion that our knowledge is infantile in the grand scheme yet, but it has come a LONG way.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
International bodies don't dedicate time to drawing up formal policies for complete science fiction.
They actually do. It's mostly unemployed lawyers / fringe kooks who manage to get into international practice, but they have a shit load of sci-fi contingencies. The debates about the most miniscule of points are actually extremely fierce. It's pretty hilarious.

Source: am aerospace lawyer in my spare time getting laughed at by real lawyers.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scalar weaponry invented hundred years ago by Tesla doesn't even compare to the extraterrestrial technology that the government is hiding
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So true.

Why show your best hand when the rest of the world can't show more than two pair?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tldr

Red Alert 2 already did this
i'm willing to bet there are more connections between fictional fun and people who think it's real cause "muh immerziin". and that's proly some effect of schools fostering inner child bullshit for the past 30 years and not dolling out corporal punishment or having the ability to present a strong authority because feeling might get hurt.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Banned

Plans? LoL.

Japan's Tsunami was a weapon test.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plans? LoL.

Japan's Tsunami was a weapon test.
kill kaijoo food then kaijoo starve. fatman and little boy were phase one