Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Also I wouldn't measure accomplishments by shiny pieces of paper anyways, that's partly what I mean by childlike. You're all stuck in the box and can't even see the bars of your prison.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I wouldn't measure accomplishments by shiny pieces of paper anyways, that's partly what I mean by childlike. You're all stuck in the box and can't even see the bars of your prison.
So, you are saying not even community college? I alter my guess to a high school diploma then.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you are saying not even community college? I alter my guess to a high school diploma then.
High school diplomas are for losers. A real man can get any job he wants based solely on the bulge in his pants.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High school diplomas are for losers. A real man can get any job he wants based solely on the bulge in his pants.
Need tralina to confirm pls.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

I have a degree and a lot of "education" behind me. But I don't rate my accomplishments on it because school didn't teach me anything, especially anything relevant. My time and money would have been better spent on Wikipedia. Everything important I taught myself.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a degree and a lot of "education" behind me. But I don't rate my accomplishments on it because school didn't teach me anything, especially anything relevant. My time and money would have been better spent on Wikipedia. Everything important I taught myself.
So why not list them if they do exist? You have posted three separate paragraphs skirting the question.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Because you asked what has my intelligence accomplished. Degrees are a measure of ability to do what you are told, not of intelligence or real accomplishment. I find no real pride in it and don't look at people with degrees as particularly intelligent, besides maybe at the PhD level. And even then, honorary PhD degrees like the one given to Linus Torvalds for creating Linux gains more respect for me than Richard Dawkin's dissertation on chicken beaks). Bill Gates has accomplished more than I have and dropped out of Harvard, but I digress.

The paperwork just gets you passed the computers that filter resumes, personality and real-world experience are what get you the job. And for that my work on open source and commercial products just leads to a boundless portfolio. I have done a lot of good, very intelligent stuff over the years. My laziness to list it all out here does not detract from it when I feel I have nothing I need to prove.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
grats OP on reading a 1 week old cracked article? http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-belove...sly-overrated/

sad that you can't even come up with an original thought.
Article claims that frozen white castles taste exactly the same as "fresh" white castles...complete and utter bullshit, author has no credibility.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Article claims that frozen white castles taste exactly the same as "fresh" white castles...complete and utter bullshit, author has no credibility.
Exactly! Everyone knows that no matter how fresh or stale a white castle burger is, it's going to taste like reheated dingle berries. Amateur.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Because you asked what has my intelligence accomplished. Degrees are a measure of ability to do what you are told, not of intelligence or real accomplishment. I find no real pride in it and don't look at people with degrees as particularly intelligent, besides maybe at the PhD level. And even then, honorary PhD degrees like the one given to Linus Torvalds for creating Linux gains more respect for me than Richard Dawkin's dissertation on chicken beaks). Bill Gates has accomplished more than I have and dropped out of Harvard, but I digress.

The paperwork just gets you passed the computers that filter resumes, personality and real-world experience are what get you the job. And for that my work on open source and commercial products just leads to a boundless portfolio. I have done a lot of good, very intelligent stuff over the years. My laziness to list it all out here does not detract from it when I feel I have nothing I need to prove.
Most people will laugh at this. But, I for one couldn't agree more. Good perspective.
Closed Thread