Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Banned

In other news: I believe most guilds who kill these dragons have signed on. Snackies said he would check it out after returning from a work trip early this week and I'm hoping for the best.

Meanwhile, I think it's safe for us to go ahead and start planning the first open Vox raid.

A nice person just sent me Vox ToD

"Lady Vox was just killed at 9:16 CST tonight Aug 28."

So the spawn window in a week will be September 3rd from 1:16 PM CST to 5:16 AM CST. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cloki, are you up for leading this?
Old 08-29-2017, 05:41 AM
Fire Giant

4am my time for window end. But I just got done saying it's a 24/7 server...so yes. I'll do it.

Let's start the raid at 6:00 a.m. US eastern.

If you want to participate and don't have a toon of the right level, higher-level toons are welcome to come in support.

This is going to be the first one, so it will be much like the pilot episode of a TV series. Kinks to work out, roles to define, etc., so I'll pre-ask for patience and for everyone to follow instructions.

And tho these dragons can be killed with low numbers, they're no joke, either - lots that can go wrong including floor traps, aggroing more giants than we need, Vox casting a successful Complete Heal, etc.

Should probably make a new thread about it.

For those of you participating, this fight is about two things:

1. Not getting feared. That means that you should have MR in every slot that you can have it in. No amount of MR is too much MR for this fight. If you're perma-feared, you're more of a liability than an asset.

Jewelers can make MR bracelets, neck, and rings. That's kind of a baseline minimum so see if you can find those. Also see if you can get a "Greater Null" potion from a shaman. That's great additional MR.

2. Vox tries to complete heal. And there's really no reason to have to kill her several times (effectively) until she's OOM.

The way we counter her healing is to push from the SAME SIDE with fast weapons (no 2h weaps on Vox, please) to interrupt her casts. I'll explain this more day-of, but it's a thing. A key to victory.

I'm excited for this. Thanks to all who are making this possible. I think a lot of people will have a lot of fun with these two dragons.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

If there's a JC'er out there that'll do some cheap MR items at cost, that would really help.

Sadly my JCer is on red, but I will say you can knock out some +7 MR bracers for under 50pp and a necklace for just over 100pp so there's no excuses unless you're struggling to find someone to make them for you.

...and yes obviously there's better items out there than those, but some people who just made 49-52 on their first character have to start somewhere and at least they can say they've put some effort in with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

pras, cloki and filbus
Old 08-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Banned

Thank you, Cloki!!

And thanks to everyone who has signed on or supported this in some way. I got a couple of messages from people regarding the Vox window, which was super helpful.

It's amazing to see the server grow like this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4am my time for window end. But I just got done saying it's a 24/7 server...so yes. I'll do it.
Godspeed, Cloki, you fabulous lizard you.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

All the credit for this initiative goes to Filbus. 100pct of it.

Crossing my fingers that it becomes a "thing" on the server for a long, long time to come.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Last edited by Pan; 08-29-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Old 08-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Banned

Actually, credit goes to every single raid guild that supports this endeavor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In the long run, I hope to be a relatively minor player in this lol
Old 08-30-2017, 05:51 AM
Aviak

Just adding my thanks to the chorus of support for this venture. This is wonderful. I've always wanted to participate in a naggy/vox raid and assumed I wouldn't be able to, not being in a guild (or having capacity to join one). My 52 bard will join when possible, and good luck to everyone able to make the inaugural open raid.

It would be really cool to see a basic guide for the events for raid newbs, including things like party composition, chat controls, tactics, gear, commands, roll rules. I for one know very little of raiding.

It'd also be great to see some footage of the first Vox raid. Sadly I won't be able to make it.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're talking about 1 Naggy and 1 Vox per month.

"casual guilds don't deserve that because they don't put the effort in"

Really? How about the point of P99 in the first place... reliving your 1999 experience, getting some nostalgia, fighting a dragon you haven't seen in game in 18 years.

Are you saying there's a shortage in raid targets that the big hitters can do?
When Swish is the voice of reason, things are pretty F'd up.

This server is AIDS and full of toxic, greedy players. You all 'ubers' really can't let loose of one classic era dragon kill per month? Y'all need jobs or counselors or something.
Closed Thread