Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3DFX Voodoo 2 (and some cheap 2d card) or a Geforce 256 later in 1999.
Glide...!
Old 05-15-2021, 01:56 PM
Kobold

no dont you get it everyone played with 5fps and had a spotty 56k modem while their mom beat them with a slipper

enchants were just super mega op classically and nobody ever noticed until now even the developers of the game itself
Old 05-16-2021, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

See, I think ENCHANTERS have done some good things for us! I really do. And if you don't believe ENCHANTERS have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight, take all your ARMOR, all your WEAPONS and all your SPELLS and burn 'em.
'Cause you know what? The PLAYERS who made all that great GEAR that's enhanced your lives throughout the years?

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal f'n high on ENCHANTERS.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:13 AM
Banned

wtf? man i never got shit from enchanters
Old 05-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, we all agree charming existed in classic: no one is saying otherwise. But look, you and I were on the same server: do you remember Dome, a Druid in your guild (he also had an Enchanter named Domey)? Do you happen to know if Dome charm soloed his way to 60? I can tell you, he didn't.

Dome's most elite XPing strategy was to quad Barbarians/Dwarves (not knowing this, when I later inherited his account, I would get Dome killed several times by visiting Butcherblock/Everfrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). It wasn't because he didn't know how to play his character, and it certainly wasn't his Internet connection, because like many in Club Fu he played from a gaming center with a T1.

So, he had a good connection, he was in the most powerful and knowledgeable guild on the server, and yet he completely eschewed animal charming (which every Druid here will happily tell you is an amazing way to get XP) ... why?

I submit that it's not because charming didn't exist: as you noted Fu absolutely charmed. I'd also submit that it's not because he was a dummy or had a bad connection. The most logical explanation I can see is that, it was because charming wasn't as safe and as easy on live as it is here.
Your line of reasoning is that because someone knows how to charm with an in chanter that means that if they level of drew it they’re definitely going to go to the bottom of a dragon dungeon and charm to giant polar bears.

That is such a false equivalency.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your line of reasoning is that because someone knows how to charm with an in chanter that means that if they level of drew it they’re definitely going to go to the bottom of a dragon dungeon and charm to giant polar bears.

That is such a false equivalency.
You don't need to do the pits to animal charm. There's all the Karans, Everfrost, hordes of Alligators in Cazic Thule, etc.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need to do the pits to animal charm. There's all the Karans, Everfrost, hordes of Alligators in Cazic Thule, etc.
I am ashamed to admit I played a druid in 1999 / 2000 as a young kiddo and did not know druids could charm until I played on P99 nearly 15 years later. Having said that, charming on a druid is arguably more fun than charming on an enchanter because you got all the safety nets like ensnare and being able to heal yourself.

It's a shame there aren't more spots for druids to do this, you really gotta be in a niche spot to find a decent animal pet. Kedge fish, Sol B bats are a couple more good spots I suppose.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:36 PM
Banned

none of u would be doing bear pits if i didnt spill the beans on them in '14
Old 05-16-2021, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

The fatcat top 1% did, and it was amazing <3
Old 05-16-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why would I do that when I can just quad them?

I mean I’ve level 4 Chantres and 2 druids to 60 and the druid and I’ve never charmed with a Druid.

The bear pits offer a unique experience bonus that make them far superior to all of the things that you listed and all the things you listed I might as well just quad instead of charming trying to find other creatures and wasting all that time.
Closed Thread