Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-27-2022, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Mechanics and culture are which reward you for not playing ...

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-27-2022, 04:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's crazy how disconnected Gustoo is from EQ pvp. For a decent portion of this server the consequence for dying was that you didn't get to play for the rest of the night.

I know If I logged on Beastagor and died in Seb to a group I probably wasn't getting my body back until they were done. Obviously goes both ways.

This was not the case when LNS became a thing but I'd confidently say Gustoo didn't play during that time / didn't know it existed

And ya I think being denied the ability to play your character is a pretty fun consequence to losing in pvp
This is why the server lost all their players until they had to do something around mid-kunark. Because they let people like Reebz lure them into a false sensation that everything was fine.

One of the major pitfalls of the new setup, if there is ever one, will be to not get meta trolled by people like reebz, again. Especially since if they ever announce one, they will come out of the woodwork.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Gustoos spirit cannot be broken and of all the autists to grace us with their presence, very few have the intestinal fortitude or girth and heft of sac to be counted among the unbroken.
Old 03-27-2022, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

I sure bet there are tons of people waiting to play a children game with this kook ecoli.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's crazy how disconnected Gustoo is from EQ pvp. For a decent portion of this server the consequence for dying was that you didn't get to play for the rest of the night.

I know If I logged on Beastagor and died in Seb to a group I probably wasn't getting my body back until they were done. Obviously goes both ways.

This was not the case when LNS became a thing but I'd confidently say Gustoo didn't play during that time / didn't know it existed

And ya I think being denied the ability to play your character is a pretty fun consequence to losing in pvp
I don't understand what this statement has to do with the entire rest of this thread. I'm not trying to imagine a PVP scenario where there are harsher or less harsh consequences for dying. Consequences for dying aren't the important part of PVP. Motivation for fighting is the important part. Dying sucks in EQ no matter what, even easy corpse retrievals are a pain.

I want there to be a reason to PVP at levels other than 60.

If you're doing PVP in seb, than this proposed ruleset would be no skin off your back since you're well over level 50.

There is no chance that an item loot ruleset would be implemented without first going through and adding level requirements to dragon loot, so if you really do have a level 30 twink PK with TOV gear (which says a lot of about your deep immersion, but I won't judge you for that) his gear would become unwearable so that would suck, but I can't imagine it would be a huge loss to you since there are currently zero level 30's for you to slay anyways.

Are you really Bestagor / Salem?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekbringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I don't want YOU or your kind to play. You dont like pve anymore so your only goal is to prevent me from enjoying it. Thus, I have no reason to lie.

I like pvp but for securing camps and such. As you stated, without item loot thats its primary value to one who has not beat the game already.

Just saying, I find groups no problem and have an active guild. The more of you that go away, the more it will grow.
tradesonreds picture response to this was appropriate.

Nothing that tradesonred is asking for would make your PVE experience suffer on red99. It would make the PVE Experience of all noobs level 1-50 better because the twinks that come to murder them no longer can do so without risking anything at all.

When the population hovers around 50, this is not an issue because it would be a really depraved twink PK and a stroke of pretty bad luck for you to find a twink PK on red 1.0 right now. If there was population playing the game those guys would come back out of the wood work because lets face it, vanquishing an entire zone of everyone who comes there to get EXP is good sport. For the twink PK they aren't in it for the item loot just the domination. The trash armor they might loot from poor saps in unrest does little to fatten their coin purse.

Tradesonred doesn't have your PVE in his crosshairs, except that it will certainly be impacted negatively when the server stops being a solo-quest experience.

Hopes of reviving red 1.0 are slim at best, but we might as well be trying to throw random shit into the mix. If everyone thinks item loot is such a huge risk or so unpopular we might as well try it out on red 1.0 where the pop has already hit rock bottom for years and years in a row and see how it goes. It won't be a fair experiment, but why not try it anyways. At least the server can be mechanically sound.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gustoos spirit cannot be broken and of all the autists to grace us with their presence, very few have the intestinal fortitude or girth and heft of sac to be counted among the unbroken.
You have chosen... wisely.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you really Bestagor / Salem?
He pilots them. Lord knows what happened to the OG Beastagor.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 03-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He pilots them. Lord knows what happened to the OG Beastagor.
OG Beastagor was a delightful human. He’d happily chat with you about each others day while PVPing against you for control of the unrest/cauldron area. Very wholesome and what pvp should be like.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Banned

red players are the craziest and most delusional people on this website