Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-18-2022, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

This thread is making me reminisce about the early years on the server. Obviously true 1999 classic can't be recreated because we the gamers are aware of many of the secrets and the progression. But even 12 or 13 years ago when the server premiered, EverQuest still had a little bit of mystery alive in it. And I'm really thankful to Nilbog and Rogean for giving us the platform to experience that again
Old 05-18-2022, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

aye, thought i had a shot at this being 4/2010 but like 4000 user id's between that list and me lol.

original p99 was super fun, broken proc rates, global chat, rogean was playing daily, docks translocators lol.

-Purpyl

edit: also people were really nice and chill.
Last edited by pogs4ever; 05-18-2022 at 02:35 PM..
Old 05-19-2022, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

y'all remember when Rogean and Nilbog would come down in the form of gods and buff people and interact with the player base? I remember when they gave my mage C3...i was a god myself for a few hours lol.

And yea, the server culture was 100% different, it was a lot like the culture on other emu servers, where people just give away stuff they aren't using. It was a pretty neat time to be around. My first guild was the all mage guild that pretty much owned oasis for a bit lol.

good times
Old 05-22-2022, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is making me reminisce about the early years on the server. Obviously true 1999 classic can't be recreated because we the gamers are aware of many of the secrets and the progression. But even 12 or 13 years ago when the server premiered, EverQuest still had a little bit of mystery alive in it. And I'm really thankful to Nilbog and Rogean for giving us the platform to experience that again
Hey Azeth :]

Yeah, in my opinion this game did accomplish it's goal because when I look back it was very much it's own thing and something I'll be nostalgic about just like I am for the original EQlive. Just as I remember fondly doing NToV on Tarew Marr with Enlightened Dark, I remember it as fondly here with Rampage and Awakened. They were very much their own things, but being a part of it and seeing it play out was awesome.

It came a long way from 150 of us in Vanilla with global chat joking about all the bugs, to the utter depths of despair of late Kunark, to the thrill of Velious beta and release, and reaching 2600 or whatever players. When I started I didn't think it'd even make it to Kunark. Nilbog, Rogean, and Sirken get a lot of credit, but 100+ people contributed to this game, from long retired devs like Uthgaard to long retired GMs like Eunomia to bug reporters like Daldaen (the self-nerfer!) and Ele.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eunomia
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2022, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eratani and I are trying to find the person with the oldest signup date.

Currently, I've got him beat by a month: 11-11-2009
But with an embarrassing ~880 posts, or 0.20 per day.

Meanwhile, Eratani, in addition to being one of the coolest dudes on the server clocks in at 4,500 posts, or about one per day, despite his join date of 12-27-2009.

I had a few other thoughts (Aata, Catherin) but they're quite a bit later. Even Dald has a surprisingly late join date of 06-08-2010.

I would check Franswa but I don't know his forum name. I can find a few inactives with older dates than mine, like Hasbinbad's 10-19-2009.

So currently, though I've got him beat slightly, Eratani absolutely smashes me in popularity and consistency, he's been pretty much active straight from Vanilla to this day. I pretty much quit after a few months of farming each expansion. Plus everyone loves him, I mean, who doesn't like Eratani? He's like Fingerz except the opposite. So I'm #1 old person right now, but Eratani is #1 old cool person.

Thank you for any assistance in getting to the bottom of this important endeavour.
I’ve got you beat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-02-2022, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

Months late from the start, but still here. Still old.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

We can wrap this one up guys, I'm the oldest active player