Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-06-2022, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes! Wonder how hard the dragon is...level 65?
We did it with 6. Very easy. Just a higher level Naggy with Flurry. Max was 228 on Mardur with Defensive so, what, 350? He's not any harder than the static Valley dragons.

And yeah it's not like he'll drop multiple CoF's every time but it is crazy to me to see 4 of him up at once often.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:49 PM
Orc

Take anything said by above poster with salt no bigger than a grain.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

the more interesting thing is why multiple Melalafens spawn at all, seems like a bug
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the more interesting thing is why multiple Melalafens spawn at all, seems like a bug
Yeah, I was curious about this as well. When I saw 2 I was like wtf? and asked in group and someone said they saw 3 before. Then later I saw 4.

I've been farming them in tandem on EQLive as I believe WW needs a South Karana-style revamp, and I've yet to see more than one Mel up at a time. Another glaring bug on p99 is there should be 3 Myga PH's., not two.
Old 01-15-2023, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Bumping this thread to point out this NPC can still spawn multiple copies of himself. Over the past several trips to Western Wastes, I saw multiple Melalafens up each time--three one on occasion, four on another.

Is this a glitch, or an intended mechanic? I didn't have a tracker class 20+ years ago to ever be able to notice such a thing, but a single named NPC spawning multiple copies of itself seems very strange indeed.

Danth
Old 01-17-2023, 07:37 PM
Orc

"...but a single named NPC spawning multiple copies of itself seems very strange indeed."

Not arguing that there should/should not be multiple Melafens up at the same time, but Grachnist the Destroyer is a named that quickly comes to mind that can have multiple spawns up at once. While having multiple concurrent spawns of the same named NPC isn't the norm, it's not totally unheard of.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"...but a single named NPC spawning multiple copies of itself seems very strange indeed."

Not arguing that there should/should not be multiple Melafens up at the same time, but Grachnist the Destroyer is a named that quickly comes to mind that can have multiple spawns up at once. While having multiple concurrent spawns of the same named NPC isn't the norm, it's not totally unheard of.
I think any named that has multiple spawn points shared with regular mobs can spawn multiples at once. I've seen multiples like you said of grachnist, but also goblin bodyguard in droga, also the named burynai in the same droga camp.

long ago i saw 2 quillmanes up in SK, long before the spawn changes.