Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Which server to start new

Good day. I just started on Green and I am only level 8. I have been given a few very nice items by some very friendly people however, I read that the green server is end of life. Should I have chosen the Blue to start fresh? I played EQ1 from Beta until about 2004 and really want to play P99 but do not want to attempt to progress on a server that will be going away soon.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2022, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Green has a better pop and will eventually presumably just dump into blue when they start a new server. So just stick with green.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:02 AM
Kobold

Blue imo is the better choice, you can modify the UI and everything works right there. The population is slightly lower but not by much. Gear is much cheaper on blue and it’s pretty much the same server now.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:49 AM
Orc

Do you want people to group with as you level? Staying Green is the place for that. It has much much more lowbie traffic. Blue has more availability for desired camps at mid/high levels. If you want to solo, Blue all day. Either way Green characters and progress will not be deleted, just moved I think.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:50 AM
Banned

Not blue (beta) server
yw
Old 06-08-2022, 08:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue imo is the better choice, you can modify the UI and everything works right there. The population is slightly lower but not by much. Gear is much cheaper on blue and it’s pretty much the same server now.
This...your hot bar buttons stay when you zone too lol
Old 06-08-2022, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Green is the same as blue now, except with less UI's supported, less hotkeys, no pet window, more expensive economy, and full of greedy people who like "legacy items" more than playing EQ. Green does have like 100 more players though.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spithridates [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you want people to group with as you level? Staying Green is the place for that. It has much much more lowbie traffic. Blue has more availability for desired camps at mid/high levels. If you want to solo, Blue all day. Either way Green characters and progress will not be deleted, just moved I think.
Not really. I play on both and have alts that are stagnated in the 20s and 30s because it's so hit or miss finding groups on either. Some nights you get lucky and things are busy, other nights the lower level zones (even the most popular ones) are ghost towns.

It really just more depends on what you want the overall difficulty to be like. Blue does have more plat and items in circulation, so things are generally cheaper (although Green is moving more and more in line with that by the month), so if being able to gear up pretty easily is important to OP then Blue is probably the way to go. Otherwise go Green.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This...your hot bar buttons stay when you zone too lol
Oh yeah I forgot about how on Green some of the hot buttons still disappear lol
Old 06-09-2022, 07:27 AM
Sarnak

Green has more pop in lower level zones, Blue as mentioned has UI improvements and cheaper economy.