Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-23-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun side note (not actually proud of this bc I liked the guy a lot and I spent more time helping him achieve it then most of you will ever spend on your own toons) but I made asgards only epic mage so mad that he supposedly nuked the character and never played again. If you think getting mage epics today vs the farm crews is bullshit then you'd have loved competing against tmo for them back in kunark.
You sound like a really cool, well-adjusted individual.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I guess you just kinda get what you get around here
Old 06-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I guess you just kinda get what you get around here
I'll take a pint over a lot of fair weather friends.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems closer to 1 in 10-15
Yeah I have no actual stats on the drop rate, I was just trying to do some "back of the napkin math" based on what I've seen (a very small number, statistically speaking).

If anyone does have actual/meaningful statistics on Magi's drop rate, I for one would love to see them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
If you think getting mage epics today vs the farm crews is bullshit then you'd have loved competing against tmo for them back in kunark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pint is 100% correct, so I don't see why you felt the need to insult him. The old days of P99 were dark indeed: if you wanted a Mage epic you had literally one option to get it: join TMO and get in line.

And this was true of pretty much all meaningful raid loot: no one but TMO would kill Trak (this was pre-Velious), no one but TMO did VP, etc.

We can complain about the raid scene now, but it's a million times better than it once was because now we have choices in guilds: before we didn't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I have no actual stats on the drop rate, I was just trying to do some "back of the napkin math" based on what I've seen (a very small number, statistically speaking).

If anyone does have actual/meaningful statistics on Magi's drop rate, I for one would love to see them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, I only have data for the two times I farmed it.

11 kills for first Earth Staff, 0/6 second time. I've killed it another 10-15 times with guild groups and gotten I believe one staff. This is as opposed to Innoruuk who seemed to drop it once every 3-5 kills.

Minis on the other hand are up to 10 every 3 days +/- 8, with placeholders, seem to be about 50%, or 5 minis per spawn cycle.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

We have 10 recorded Magi kills and two staff drops. I'd also be curious what stats other people have. My feeling is that it's like any other rare drop off a named, it's about 1 in 5. RNG can make it much worse obviously

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 06-24-2022, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:

It's easy to judge somebody and make snide comments when you know nothing about it. Pint had to make a decision, and although it came with the unfortunate consequence of losing a handful dedicated players and friends, along with our only mage epic he made the right choice.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Pet get nerfed anyway though, no?
Old 06-25-2022, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet get nerfed anyway though, no?
It use to hit for more but now it procs way more frequently so the dps loss isn't so bad. It still has the crazy op 50 pt dmg shield so mobs will die to that really fast too.

It's still best dps for mage pet, 60 water pet with focus staff can beat it I think in some situations...but that's max level pet, another fun thing about epic is its always the max level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2022, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

I have recently joined the long list of mages who "only need" the earth staff to get epic.

Not gonna happen though unless someone is feeling really, really, really generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.