Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-07-2022, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Default FYI Paladins - Utility Weapons

https://wiki.project1999.com/Luminary_Two_Handed_Sword - 35 CHA buff for 1 hour. Much like Dex with procs, crit lull resists seem to hit diminishing returns HARD. so you really want to get 130-150. It's VERY noticable.

Willsapper - 35% Slow.

Journeyman's Walking Stick - Tashani (-23 MR). Compares decently to a real enchanter (-39).

Stave of Shielding - Major Shielding - 75 hp, 23 ac, 14 mr for 45 minutes. Doesn't stack with Focus.

Tserrina's Whip OR Anklesmasher - these are your two options for snare. One is obnoxious to farm, the other is relatively expensive. But you want one. The Whip is Poison based, which is intriguing. I can confirm these both stop fleeing mobs entirely at ~12%, despite having very different snare values.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Deep_Six_Cutlass - Quick mention because, despite just being 3 charges of EB, it's targetted and instant, allowing you to save people.

Earthshaker - procs a PBAE, good for tagging or simply aoeing lots of enemies. Also good for equipping while doing Archery, for some reason.

Narandi's Lance - Not specal really, but insanely good and affordable for level 55.

Fiery Defender - I still think it's worth getting. Because it's incredibly easy to get - the entire thing can be duoed and the mobs stay up for days. And the weapon is still great for one thing - stunning. The proc is -100 adjust, and 2H bash is another interrupt source.

Herbalist's Spade - God, this weapon is outrageous. 39/43 all/all, procs 3 min root, and pretty cheap. Great for all the same reasons Tunare sword is. One handy trick is that enemies that are rooted and feared cannot cast spells nor summon.

Flowing Thought - getting FT3 asap is a lot more important than you'd think. Narandi's Helm and Coldain Shawl are an option. It's just 3 mana per tick, but that allows you to have just enough mana to blind once in exp groups. Which leads me to...

Zordak Ragefire

In order of importance - Arms, Bracer, BP, Legs. (Chardok ring replaces Arms eventually)

These items are amazing on hybrids because with channeling you can just spam them. KC is hot right now (unfortunately). It's funny to go in and spam Zordak BP a few times for AoE aggro. Free DS/FR from arms, and the bracer is a 300 range tag. Do it. They are not hard to get. Zordak spawns every 36 hours max. It might seem like a difficult thing to reliably do, but obtaining Pearls and sniping Zordak is a lot easier than it seems. He can be soloed, but an average player should aim for about 3-5 man groups.

Deepwater Armor

Paladins have one of the better Kunark sets.

Breastplate - an incredibly useful clicky heal. Either in between fights or mid-fight with Roots, the only downside is needing to carry tons of Jaspers, though they are dirt cheap.

Bracer - 6 second cast, 4 sec stun. You can do a lot by combining casted Stun and then immediately clicking bracer so it lands just as the enemy starts trying to cast again.

Gloves and Helm can be useful.

I'm not sure how to end this thread. Inspired by someone who was asking me what things I carry on my Paladin. Enjoy.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Nice!

You should include SoulFire on this list for the 5 charges of instant cast Complete Heal.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks moon knight
Old 08-07-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Why is earthshaker good for archery?
Old 08-07-2022, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

It adds good damage bonus

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

High delay weapon in your hands increases the archery dmg bonus.
Archery uses your current main hand dmg bonus .
Old 08-07-2022, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Wow really? I never knew that.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

I havent played an archery class since this was a thing, how much does the DB give if you use like a weighted axe on a SK? vs the ES on a paly?
Old 08-08-2022, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html

About 110 and 57 if i read the charts right.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-08-2022, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

I need to grab a weighted axe and test this out on my warrior. I never knew this. If true I lost out on a lot of fun potential along the way.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2