Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-09-2022, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bah… sorry for the triple post but a note on runes. It blocks potential damage received until it runs out. This means however much damage would have landed on you with your level/class/ac.

It still blocks the same total amount of damage but a 1k run will last longer on a warrior fighting frogs in seb than say an enchanter trying to face tank the same mob. I’m both instances it still blocks 1k damage but it will take that frog longer to do 1k damage on a warrior/knight than a silk caster.

Hope that helps.

Caveat: this is at least how it worked on live and I presume it works the same way here … but I could be wrong. I loved having rune proccing weapons on my warrior on live. Runes generated fairly good aoe aggro on top of decreasing dmg taken. There were quite a few good ratio 2 handers. By that point it was generally always sword and shield but the rune proc would come out when we had a bunch of mobs in camp to passively build aggro on the cc’d mobs.
I believe this was nerfed on P99. That is why people don't use Bladestopper anymore. Doesn't generate good agro after the nerf.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe this was nerfed on P99. That is why people don't use Bladestopper anymore. Doesn't generate good agro after the nerf.
Correct. Vyemm whip nerfed bigly.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Ah well … ok so no threat generated but the bit on runes as it relates to ac still holds. Ac and rune are separate factors. Higher ac and innate mitigation means the rune should last longer.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve got a runed blade on my green warrior and with evasive running you can really take a beating while wielding that weapon.

It is a bit frustrating how P1999 will nerf an entire line of spells (life tap, rune) on account of a couple of items (lynuga’s ruby earring, blade stopper) being used differently to live.

I feel bad for SKs - its a double nerf on them from 1-60 on account of a couple of raid toons.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the nerfs really suck. They really make SKs useless in raids. They should undo the nerf and remove the click from Lynugas earring. People don't really use it anyway since it can't be recharged.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I rocked a Vyemm whip on my war all the way to 60 anytime I was in a duo / trio. Rune 4 proc is incredible. I was able to easily duo w/ clerics and druids using a truncheon for slow proc then swapping to rune whip / dagarns tail.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

I imagine it’s still good for duos and trios. The threat loss probably isn’t a big deal in those circumstances and you still get a sweet ass rune.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:31 AM
Planar Protector

TBH the only utility weapon a paladin every truly needs is his trusty Soulfire.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I rocked a Vyemm whip on my war all the way to 60 anytime I was in a duo / trio. Rune 4 proc is incredible. I was able to easily duo w/ clerics and druids using a truncheon for slow proc then swapping to rune whip / dagarns tail.
I love Polished Granite Tomahawk, Axe of the Slayers, Vehement Sword of Reivaj. Something about becoming inured to damage while out on the offensive is just so thematically cool, especially for warriors. Having recently completed my first set of Kunark medallions ever I'd love to get a Sword of Rile or boop Vyemm for a Silver Whip of Rage (Rile is cooler cos 2 hander runes just feel so berserker).

The Bladestopper nerf went to far - This was meant to be the ultimate defensive item for vanilla warriors, helping them keep the attention of their enemy while massively reducing their intake of damage. The nerf to rune goes entirely against the spirit of the item, as well as nerfing warriors using the characterful weapons we mentioned previously while also buffing enchanters by reducing the aggro they draw (making VS and Nortlav fights trivial for aggro management).

Recharging is an emergent strategy, it doesn't seem like it was intentionally planned - just a way to minimise book keeping for vendors. It seems like vendor (exploit?) recharges have a history of being disruptive for how the staff feels the raid scene should operate.

I suggest that we need to find a new way to reduce the impact of charged items. Blanket nerfing/buffing life taps and runes is not the way. Why mess up a whole bunch of spells and items on account of just a couple exploitable items? Raiders will keep finding new charged items to exploit each time the ideal item / spell type gets nerfed.

Remove vendor recharging from the game. Sell a charged item to a vendor - it loses all its charges. Something like that. IDK.

Enough with the unclassic collateral nerfs and buffs. I spent 2 hours healing with a rune on an enchanter yesterday and did it in perfect safety. NOT CLASSIC.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-10-2022, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

It’s obvious that the problem was item recharges. I just wish they would disable it fully.