Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Default Temple of Solusek Ro Quest Mobs

Temple of Solusek Ro Keepers/Seekers and Elementals are on Temple of Solusek Ro faction. The quest turnin NPCs seemingly are on the wrong faction, it seems possibly Beta-Neutral?

This is bogus in a couple of ways, one way is that everyone at lvl 1 w/o any faction work can do all the Lambent, Darkforge, Totemic, etc class armors whereas on live it required Amiable faction. Sorry folks, please dont shoot the messenger if this part gets nerfed and people have to kill Shadowed Men for a couple of hours.

Another error is that quests that *require* Amiable faction to complete (like the Enchanter lines where faction is gained via faction spells) cannot be completed by other classes now. This is what brought it to my attention, i raised faction with Solusek Ro to amiable to do turnin for Insidious Rod of Glamour only to realize that Sultin still regards me as Indifferent when the rest of the zone regards me as Amiable. I checked other mobs and realized the Undead Knights etc are all on same faction as Sultin.

So, i'm not sure what the basic faction is that they all share but i know that it's not the faction they should be on: Temple of Solusek Ro.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Temple of Solusek Ro Keepers/Seekers and Elementals are on Temple of Solusek Ro faction. The quest turnin NPCs seemingly are on the wrong faction, it seems possibly Beta-Neutral?

This is bogus in a couple of ways, one way is that everyone at lvl 1 w/o any faction work can do all the Lambent, Darkforge, Totemic, etc class armors whereas on live it required Amiable faction. Sorry folks, please dont shoot the messenger if this part gets nerfed and people have to kill Shadowed Men for a couple of hours.

Another error is that quests that *require* Amiable faction to complete (like the Enchanter lines where faction is gained via faction spells) cannot be completed by other classes now. This is what brought it to my attention, i raised faction with Solusek Ro to amiable to do turnin for Insidious Rod of Glamour only to realize that Sultin still regards me as Indifferent when the rest of the zone regards me as Amiable. I checked other mobs and realized the Undead Knights etc are all on same faction as Sultin.

So, i'm not sure what the basic faction is that they all share but i know that it's not the faction they should be on: Temple of Solusek Ro.
I have noticed this as well, after doing some faction work, I am amiable to everyone except Sultin and the skellies. Please look into this ...

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Another update, i am now max ally with TempleOfSolusekRo, but still indifferent to Sultin -- It sure seems that its an issue of his faction.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Absent a fix on this, can you please confirm the Faction that Sultin is currently on? Beta-Nuetral?

He mentions that i need to do more for Ro when he returns my quest items.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am also very curious about this. Was planning to do the Incandecent Gloves, and Rod of Insidous Glamour quests on my mage, for my enc, and after doing some other quests, I'm amiable with almost everyone, but Sultin. He SHOULD be on Temple of Sol RO Faction, but what is he? Was really bummed, because I have all the items ready to turn in too ;/
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Large Rat

Yep, I can't get the faction up with Beta Neutral, Spent 300pp at the guy in Neriak 3rd gate, still indifferent
Old 05-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Although I haven't tried it, I have been told that handing in a hundred or so Bloodstones to Tarn whatshisname in HHK will take the faction to amiable with Sultin.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

The cuttthroat insignia ring quest helps Solro faction, not sure if if it will help with Beta Neutral though.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Kobold

I was able to raise my Beta Nuetral faction to amiable by handing in 95-98 bloodstones to Tarn in Highkeep and finish the turnins for all the enchanter Temple of Sol Ro quests.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Trying to get some Ronium for the Ivy Etched boots ranger quest but I am only at "indifferent" to Lord Searfire in the Temple of Solusek Ro. So he won't give me the mold I need to complete this.

I killed Shadowed men all morning [boring] with no change to my faction with Lord Searfire.

I then decided I'd try to the old bribery route and turn in 20gp to Rathmana Allin in SRo. He gives you the quest text correctly. But after the hand-in there is no message to confirm that you do indeed get the faction bump (or any message of any type for that matter).

Soooo, I guess I'll try the bloodstone and beta neutral route to see if I have any luck raising my faction with Lord Searfire that way.

But even if that ^^ solves my problem, the original faction oddities need to be addressed for future questers. And Rathmana needs to be fixed to hand out the correct faction bumps as well.

Editing to add: I just turned in 80 bloodstones and it had zero impact on my faction with Lord Searfire. I'm still at indifferent with him.
Last edited by Zereh; 07-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: ^^